Forum to discuss all matters relating to the MPC1000 and MPC2500 operating systems created by 'JJ' (all versions).
By enidaxe Wed Sep 27, 2017 10:55 pm
I've been reading forums for the past few days and please forgive me if I've missed something obvious...

I'm repairing an MPC1000 for a friend.
The more I use it the more I want to buy it from him and take on the repairs myself.

I've found jjos free and the grid edit is really creative, powerful and a joy to use.

Now, getting to the point. I'm unable to create or save modified programs within jjos free. I can only use preset jjos programs.

My current work around is to install Akai OS 2.13, create programs and save them to CF card. Then, reinstall jjos free to load them.

Please tell me there's a more efficient way to do this or tell me I'm dumb and point me to better information.

Cheers me dears.
By Lampdog Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:12 am
The free OS from what I've read here cannot save. When you want to save, you pay, and it becomes a paid os. There are many diff jjos's. I suggest you research each of them and their features to see what you or your friend would enjoy more. Some way more powerful than others.
By enidaxe Thu Sep 28, 2017 12:55 pm
Thanks Lampdog. jjos free is actually really free. I can save samples, programs, sequences and entire memory without any problems. Just need to figure out creating programs. I think constantly flashing the OS might cause hardware problems long term.
I'll keep searching and hacking settings until I figure this out.