Read the forum guidelines and post all your comments, questions and suggestions about MPC-Forums.com
By Lampdog Tue Feb 01, 2005 4:03 pm
The search function if used correctly can save you alot of time and provide you with the answer(s) you've been lookin for.

These forums have been running for over 3 years now so the extent of knowledge from past posts is invaluable

Its appreciated that we all get stuck and have questions we need answers too...However, chances are that someone previously wanted to know the answer to that very question you have in mind and have already asked.

MAYBE the answer is already here (somewhere). Rather than be lazy and ask the question again anyway, try and be helpful to yourself and others by checking to see before posting - Especially if the question is a newb/starter type
I.e Midi , Zip & zip drive problems , Cables , Connections, Soundcard issues, Mixers, Recording to CD, Memory types and installations, Multi card readers, sampling

Think of it as your math book with the answers in the back...Why wait for the teacher to come around and have a look. Check it yourself, its much quicker

How To.....

When you have the question you want to ask, click the search tab. From there you can choose the room you specifically want to search for your answers (Get str8 to the point) or get results from everyroom. If you know what your looking for and have a good idea where to look, its best to be specific. You have a better chance of finding the right answer -Less misc pages to look thru too.

When inputting your question, its important that you include all the key words that relate to the question.

Example

"What type of memory do I need for my mpc 2000xl"

Key words = Mpc 2000xl type memory

IMPORTANT!!!!!!!!

It is VERY important to understand the way the search function works.
In order to keep the search accurate, you must tell the search that the results must contain all your keywords. The way to do this is by using the word AND or the + sign between each key word.

Eg.

Mpc + 2000xl + type + memory

Its really str8 forward and easy when you know how. Hope this makes life easier for us all

Ps...Remember, the regulars know what common questions are when we see them so theres no way around it. If we see a common one pop up, its likely to get ignored or closed.

Have fun!

Drafted By "Bravo"
-----------
Taking it further, I searched for this present AND threads AND where
And only this thread came up. But search for present threads where
and you get 477 results. You just need to put 'AND' and 'OR' in and you'll find exaclty what you are looking for.

Drafted By "Tutor"
By marlow Tue Oct 12, 2010 5:14 am
hey first post!

How meta is it that I am posting in the search function thread. I cant even get search to work!!

So I am having a problem with my mpc 1000 being recognized via usb on my laptop. It wasnt doing that before but now it is.

I am getting no search found even when I type in only "USB"

halp?