Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By BoyOfVirtue Sun Mar 22, 2015 2:55 pm
I've RTFM but could not find this listed, and I fear it may not be possible.

When in step edit, can I take the position of an event and move it? For example, if an event is at 01:03:48, could I enter any new value, eg: 01:03:50? I know this is possible on other MPCs, and it's tremendously useful. But from what I've seen in the manual and in my experimentation, doesn't look like the 3k can do it.

Can anyone confirm this for me?
By BoyOfVirtue Mon Mar 23, 2015 5:10 pm
viacom wrote:You can cut and paste in step edit. If you turn your quantization setting to off, you can place a note anywhere.

Just tested this and I'm happy to say it worked perfectly! Never would have come up with that on my own, so thank you very much
By viacom Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:11 am
BoyOfVirtue wrote:
viacom wrote:You can cut and paste in step edit. If you turn your quantization setting to off, you can place a note anywhere.

Just tested this and I'm happy to say it worked perfectly! Never would have come up with that on my own, so thank you very much

no prob. i think theres a setting in there that allows you to be able to jump to the next note in the sequence using the locate buttons.
By JBM Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:48 pm
From the "MPC 3000 notes position" thread here's some good info using the Next Event feature to add to what viacom has mentioned:

smellypants wrote:A little tip for you guys if your unawares.

I always keep step edit set to NEXT EVENT, if however I want to scroll through one step at a time press the LOCATE button. In the Locate screen the < & > buttons function the same as step edit in NEXT STEP mode. I think it's the same in the main menu as well actually.

So you can pretty much get the best of both worlds.
By viacom Thu Mar 26, 2015 4:45 am
JBM wrote:From the "MPC 3000 notes position" thread here's some good info using the Next Event feature to add to what viacom has mentioned:

smellypants wrote:A little tip for you guys if your unawares.

I always keep step edit set to NEXT EVENT, if however I want to scroll through one step at a time press the LOCATE button. In the Locate screen the < & > buttons function the same as step edit in NEXT STEP mode. I think it's the same in the main menu as well actually.

So you can pretty much get the best of both worlds.

next level tip