Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By ssyniu Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:51 am
Hey
I would like to ask about beats that were made using this sampler which "famous" beats were made on MPC 3000. I know JDilla was big on MPC 3000 but he was using other drum machines as well ,so maby if you know when he started using MPC 3000,also DR dre he used a lot but I am not sure which albums or songs were made using this sampler.
Maby you came across in some interviews that you were reading and you know.
I hope you can help please.
All the best.
Thank You
By D-amazin the vinylnerd Tue Jun 30, 2015 2:09 pm
mmmhhh you asked the same question on Gearslutz. Back in the day this was always a much discussed topic and appreciated. Now people don't care anymore.
Anyway Dre used the 3000 on "Chronic 2001". Dj Spinna produced "Intergalactic soul" album entirely with the MPC 3000 besides other instrumentation.
By ssyniu Tue Jun 30, 2015 4:25 pm
Right....that explainds why the amount of anwsers is so low.
I thought that the Chronic 2001 drums were programmed on 3000
Thanks for the tip about DJ Spinna.
By limitless Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:49 pm
I produced Lil' Kim's "No Matter What They Say" entirely on the 3000...I have other records I did with the 3000. If anyone is curious, I'll list more.
By mr_debauch Wed Jul 29, 2015 4:41 pm
a third of hip hop was produced on the 3000.. the other two thirds was on the sp1200, mpc60, 2000xl.. and the 4000.
By limitless Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:45 pm
To answer some of the PMs I received about other records I've done on the 3000 I've decide to list some of them. Some were done totally on the 3000 and others were done in part with additional live or programmed instrumentation.

Floetry: Big Ben, Floetic, Fun, Subliminal, Tell Me When, Have Faith, Wanna Be Where U R feat. Mos Def

Jill Scott: Slowly Surely, Jilltro, Sweet Justice

Musiq Soulchild: Religious

Will Smith: So Fresh, The Rain, No More, Uuhhh

Skillz: It's Like That feat. Danja Mowf

Mystic: Be Free, Ghetto Lullaby

Kem: Love Calls Remix

Consequence: Pretty Lil' Sexy Mama

Earth Wind & Fire: Elevated feat. Floetry, Let Me Love You

Darius Rucker: Exodus, This Is My World

Syleena Johnson: Still Open, Phone Sex feat. Twista

Truth Hurts: Grown