Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By jordan1852 Thu May 25, 2017 6:16 am
Hey, I've had my 3k for about 1 and 1/2 years now and recently It's just been restarting by itself :( every time I use it? I've opened it up and made sure nothing is loose and all the fuses are fine. Anyone got any idea how to fix this? Thanks in advance
By jordan1852 Fri May 26, 2017 5:47 pm
Giulione wrote:Can you post a pics of your mpc 3000 inside ?I wanna look if there is the smpt chips...because something this chips can do that.....why? .......I don't know..

Well now that you said that, Yes I do have that Chip. I removed it and so far it seems to be working.
We'll see though because I have to sleep. Thanks anyway mate
By jordan1852 Sun May 28, 2017 9:34 am
eno deggur wrote:
jordan1852 wrote:Nevermind, It still restarts and this time the screen turns off and all the lights turn on....

Check the fuses if one of them are blown you may have to replace it.

I've done that. All of them are fine
By Dave_Mode Tue May 30, 2017 6:40 am
For what its worth... ive recently repaired a 3k which had the contrast on/of push switch/knob bent.
Altho it worked and clicked... it was bent. The angle caused it to rub against the chassis just enough to hold it in a weird state between on & off .

The symptoms were; odd play/stop activity. And un-like anything ive seen before in my many fixes. Im not saying thats it, but this snds oddball, and aside from obvs cable reseats, eprom reseats, and loose fasteners on the inside, im wanting to hear how you solve this. Best luck.
By JUKE 179r Tue May 30, 2017 2:23 pm
vout wrote:It could be a power supply problem - possibly it is overheating or some capacitors need replacing.

I agree also.
Check your power supply area connections, power switch, input power cable and broken traces on circuit boards.
By jordan1852 Wed May 31, 2017 5:40 am
JUKE 179r wrote:
vout wrote:It could be a power supply problem - possibly it is overheating or some capacitors need replacing.

I agree also.
Check your power supply area connections, power switch, input power cable and broken traces on circuit boards.

Yeah I don't know what to look for on the Power supply area, but I unscrewed it and took a look all over, things seem to have stayed where they were