Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Flub Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:39 am
Hey People,
is there any original faceplate skin graphic available for free?
Has anyone done it and offered it already? I have got no print on my mpc after it got anodized.
best wishes,
Flub
By Flub Sun Aug 05, 2018 5:35 pm
I took 4 days of work now to measure and scan and find all those old fonts to make a very precise replica of the original faceplate and reare graphics of the mcp3000. All graphics fit on a A4 Sheet, I will let dry transfer rub down letters be produced. Is anyone interested in such a sheet? I designed the rubdown parts so it should be easy to align them. I ask because it would make sense to produce more than one...
I picked up my rub ons today. they seem to fit perfectly. If anyone needs. write a pm
By Flub Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:40 am
These are rub ons you have to cut out, place and fixate the groups on the painted and clean Mpc . Run them through and afterwards put a transparent coat on it . I will try them out after holidays in a week. They should fit well on the le too
By Flub Sat Sep 01, 2018 11:55 am
Yes it took 7 hours and was not not super easy. But it is doable with a little bit of concentration.
As you can see on page 2 of the pdf (link below) i made seperate groups. Then I cut them out carefully and fixed them on the mpc housing with transparent tape. then i rubbed them through, checked the result and left the transfer foil on it until everything was done. then i carefuly removed the transfer tapes and cleaned the spots where the tape was with a q-tip and a some silicon remover. The rub ons are very fragile so i had to carefully coat them with transparent lacquer. It is sometimes not easy to align the cutout although I designed them so the align to the holes. One must pay attention that the rubons dont stick to the housing before they are on the right place this is especially hard with the long lines i had to super carefully pull them off again and maneuver them without destroying them.
It is not perfect some things are not in 100% exact but 95%... but i am happy with result:
http://www.annekuhn-keramik.de/flo/akai ... tering.pdf

I think it is a good way to make it yourself as most of the work (5 days) was to create the graphics and putting them on worked quite good. I payed 120 Euro for the A4 + red Akai logo. But any further production is cheaper as the negative is already there.
all good,
Flub