Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By dirtykixx Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:07 am
Found this program online called MpcPgmMaker that might be able to create files for the MPC 60 and 3000 on a Mac, which seems to be challenging to do. Does anyone have any experience using this program? Reviews anyone? Thx.
By 7 1 4 Beats Wed Oct 22, 2008 4:05 pm
scsiforsamplers.com wrote:MPC Pgm Maker? Sounds vaguely familiar. I think it may have been mentioned on this board once. Try the Search function.

LOL! Yeah no ones probably ever heard of it on a MPC message board your the first one. :lol:
By jrides Wed Oct 22, 2008 10:26 pm
IMPOSSIBLE!!!!

How dare you come on this board with such wild claims!!! If there WAS such a prgroam, it would have been talked about to death here. You would EASILY be able to find info using the SEARCH function.

PgmMaker?

RIDICULOUS!!!

On the real though...search and ye shall find.
By dirtykixx Thu Oct 23, 2008 2:08 am
Well... I did find this program MpcPgmMaker on like a SoftPedia type site. I haven' t tried it out yet but it claims to be able to make WAV/ AIFF etc. files into AKAI files on a Mac.
The program creator says that it seems to work well for the MPC 2000XL but has had mixed feedback from other MPC users. On the sites that it's available for download there were either no reviews ( maybe because it' s new? ) or there was one pretty good one (3.5/ 5 ) and one bad one.
I'm going to check it out over the next couple of days and I'll let y' all know how it went.
This all started because I downloaded some AKAI 808 files off of the Roger Linn website that were supposedly OK for Mac, copied them onto this floppy drive I just bought onto some disks that the previous owner had given me and my MPC 60 MKII kept telling me the files were corrupt. My quest continues...
By dirtykixx Thu Oct 23, 2008 4:35 am
Yo yo... just tried out MpcPgmMaker, doesn't work for me. Tried turning some GoldBaby WAV samples into ' snd ' files and when I put the freshly made the floppy into the MPC got the same message back; " file is corrupt, filename doesn't match what's there ".
I' ll clean the MPC drive, get some new disks, take it from there.
By fasttrackpimp Thu Oct 23, 2008 6:40 am
I use it all the time. Make sure to format in the mpc first. Then drop the mpcpgm maker files on the disk and then load them in the mpc. That methods worked fine for me with the mpc 2k classic. Don't know about the 3k or ect, but might give it a shot.
By italiano687 Thu Oct 23, 2008 3:51 pm
I've been using it for years in OS 9 and OS X. It's been working for me (MPC2K-XL). Like it was mentioned earlier, make sure you format the disk.
By MPCDROM Tue May 16, 2017 6:19 am
dirtykixx wrote:Found this program online called MpcPgmMaker that might be able to create files for the MPC 60 and 3000 on a Mac, which seems to be challenging to do. Does anyone have any experience using this program? Reviews anyone? Thx.

I use it all the time, it is by far the best program I have ever used. The RS 16 is supposedly the newer version of it but it is missing some key features that the MpcPgmMaker has such as being able to change the name of a batch of files from wav to snd as well as create real working MPC 60/3000 files, drag files from pad to pad while being able to demo in real time. I will make a video and post it on youtube. The downside of it is that it is not supported on the newer OS 10.7 and above. I would love to purchase the rights to this application and give it a serious update....