Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By pUs Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:41 am
Yo. I've searched this forum and can not find any info about this, so I'll open up a topic about it..

My backlight seems ok, but I'd really like a white one instead, it feels as if a bit more contrast would be awesome.

I just wonder *how* you open up the angled display-holder? Is it hard?

I've seen some howtos, but only for some akai rack samplers. And is there any soldering required when changing the backlight on the '60?

By elmacaco Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:00 pm
Just two small points of soldering to get the backlight loose.

get the 4 screws on the sides on the metal below the end cheeks, flip up the lid, disconnect the ribbon connectors that attach the backlight to the circuits (remember where they go or color mark them)

there are two screws on the axis on the hinge, and there may be two more behind the hinged part on top. Then there are 4 that hold this piece together. You need to pop out the circuit board holding the LCD very carefully, then unsolder the backlight pins, slide out the foil. Slide in new foil, solder, put it all baxk together, and if you did well, all should work fine.

Be very careful and have the unit unplugged at all times.

By pUs Wed Apr 14, 2004 12:09 pm
Hm, Ok. Doesn't sound too complicated. I'll try it out at soon as I'm done with the other upgrades. Thanks!

By Cell Fri Apr 23, 2004 6:41 am
Can you change the backlight color on all of the Mpcs? And where do you get the foil to change the color? Damn I want a Mpc 60 with the upgrade! :D

By elmacaco Fri Apr 23, 2004 3:59 pm
On the MK I I know you can, I am not sure about the MK II.

Go to Wolfgang at www.midi-rakete.de he has lots of colors, white (looks light blue, that's what I have) Red and some others.