Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By ikke Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:13 pm
I cant find the Local On/ Off option on my MPC60 OS 2.12. I want to trigger another sampler with the pads but the sounds of the 60 plays together with them.. :(

They re s nothing in the manual :!:

By elmacaco Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:40 pm
it may not be local, look at the sections on assign midi channel to external sampler.

By ikke Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:51 pm
External Drum Triggering, drums chan (MIDI, option 2)

Assign incoming notes to drums: on/ off
Note: 0 (C. -2) Plays: None/hh/ snare/ etc

Assign outgoing drums to notes:
MIDI drum data send out: DRUM NOTES
Drum HH plays note 42 (F#1)
Channel 1-16

Thats it! No more options for extarnal drum triggering..

By ikke Thu Apr 15, 2004 12:58 pm
I can trigger the S5000, I only need an option to 'disconnect the sounds from the pads'..

By elmacaco Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:25 am
I remember something in the manual for 2.12 that said you assign a midi channel to play the internal sounds and that all other track channels will not trigger the internal sounds but transmit to other sources.

Maybe the last selection of midi channels, set it to one number then set your track to any other number and set the external sampler to that channel.

Also try the 'Drum' setting on that page and change it to the other options.

It's gotta happen.

By ikke Fri Apr 16, 2004 12:53 pm
its not happening, man..

I can trigger all 15 channels with an extrenal MIDI keyboard, so if I buy an MPD16 I can use pads.

But I want the MPC60's pads.. :?

Is this possible in OS 3.10? Just simply 'disconnect' the sounds from the pads and then reconnect them and disconnect and reconnect.. Very fast and easy?

By elmacaco Sat Apr 17, 2004 1:55 am
yup, the upgrade makes this simple. It has to be possible with the old OS.

Maybe disable the external controller input in the moc somehow?

By ikke Sun Apr 18, 2004 6:22 pm
Whats a moc? ;) :D Did you used the old OS? Maybe you have the manual from the old OS? I only have the manual from OS 2.0 and I have OS 2.12.. And if you ve used the old OS, plz think back good and try to remember how to set it up ;)

By elmacaco Sun Apr 18, 2004 8:09 pm
My friend did, I only used the 3.10

He said there is something on the main screen you have to change to get it to work.

Try the help key!!!!

By ikke Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:15 pm
Cant ya contact your friend and ask him?

By ikke Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:53 pm
now Im triyng something different here.. I dont use the sounds of the MPC and only the S5000. But then I can use only the midi keyboard..

Because in this OS, drumtracks and keyboardtracks are different and when I record a drumtrack (with the pads) I have to choose a channel (1-16). This is the channel on wich the drum notes are send. In the sequencer I record that drumtrack on for example channel 1. Everything is ok, but then if I change the midi channel on wich the drums are send, the last recorded track on drumtrack channel 1 is now a keyboardtrack and doesnt send midi data out anymore until I set the 'assign drums to notes' back to channel 1.. So I can use only 1 channel for a drumtrack and the rest must be keyboardtracks..

There s nothing in the helpscreens, nothing in the manual, nothing.. :?

How do you make this possible in OS 3.10? Is this possible, to have more than one drumtrack active?!

By elmacaco Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:03 am
Yes. It is in the manual, it is dumb easy. It has local on off.

By ikke Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:14 am
So if you record a sequence with the pads on the MPC (in OS 3x) and use the sounds on the S5000 on MIDI channel 1.. Can you than afterwards record another sequence on channel 2 using the pads and still hearing whats on channel 1..

So, in short therms, I want to use the sequencer of the MPC60 and the sounds from the S5000, without having to use another MIDI controller. Is this possible with 3x?

thx for your time, Elmacaco!

By elmacaco Mon Apr 19, 2004 4:18 am
Yes, You should be able to do this on the old OS, I'm surprised no one here knows. My friend doesn't remember the details, just what I said.

It's gotta be possible.