Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Earnest Magilakutti Wed May 26, 2004 7:54 pm
I have been looking for sounds and stuff to sample when the whole time the best resource for sounds was possibly right at my finger tips. What I want to know is have any of you had any luck with running the line out of your computer into a mixer and into your MPC.I have found a whole lot of great sounds/samples on the internet but I do not want them downloaded onto my computer.Most of the sounds that I have found have previews where if you click on them Quicktime will play them out.I am wondering what kind of quality I will get if I do this?

By elmacaco Thu May 27, 2004 12:34 am
crappy quality most likely. If you have OS 3.10 in a 60 or a 3000, use the mpc editor or the mac mpcpgmmaker to load them.

By ikke Thu May 27, 2004 3:27 am
the soundquality will be as good as your soundcards AD/DA convertors.

By Lampdog Thu May 27, 2004 4:17 am
I know you don't want to but for me I download the sounds to my PC then use SF to process and chop them up how I want.

By Earnest Magilakutti Thu May 27, 2004 2:39 pm
Ah Sh*t...It works great.I spent all night on the net looking for samples I got 11 full disk worth of sounds.808 kits,Bongos,Congas,Breaks etc...They sound better than anything I have ever lifted off of a record. They just needed to be ran through my mixer and the bass and treble tweaked a little going in but other than that they sound good.

By ikke Thu May 27, 2004 3:36 pm
Indeed! With the MPC60 you need to record everything true its convertors, otherwise it wont sound as fat and crunchy! :wink: What comes in, comes out! The AD's are the most important thing on the 60. I miss them very much.. :cry:

By arctec Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:52 pm
definately - sample with the machine -don't load up from disk - it oozes character :)