Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By dj sieja Fri Jun 11, 2010 9:34 pm
DIY photos for all ya bright minds out there...if you feel that maybe handy for you? You welcome!

Over 80 pictures of my MPC 60 being stripped to the bare bone, showered with bit of detergent,replaced backlit (lil DIY with EL foil for a £6 form China) and new floppy all in a one afternoon...

http://img815.imageshack.us/slideshow/w ... c11555.jpg

Enjoy!!!

Peace!!!

P.S. Thank you to all of you guys out there for providing tips and tricks that i used to fix my baby!!! THANX!!!
By pUs Sat Jun 12, 2010 2:43 pm
Shit.. you really took that thing apart. And I thought I was brave changing my backlight.. :D Really interesting pictures!
By b.read Sat Jun 12, 2010 3:11 pm
Nice pictures! It's interesting to see the 60 dismantled like that...

Is this something you've done before, or you just took alot of pictures before dismantling and just went for it? I just bought another mpc and was told it was from a smoke free studio- which is not true... as a non-smoker it really bugs me so I'd like to do some clean up on it- any pointers you can give would be appreciated :D
By dj sieja Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:29 pm
Yo b.

It was my first MPC total DIY job - so yeah i've just took some photos and went for it...

There is only two things that i can say - take your time....and make sure you've got all screw drivers you'll need...

P.S. When I got my MPC it was smelling of fags straight out of the box...man it took lots of detergent to clean up this beast :lol:
By b.read Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:32 pm
Thanks for the advice- what did you use to clean it all? Anything in particular?

Did you have many headaches getting it all back together and functioning? I can imagine myself taking mine apart fine, putting it back together and then something doesn't work... :?
By dj sieja Sat Jun 12, 2010 5:48 pm
b.read wrote:Thanks for the advice- what did you use to clean it all? Anything in particular?

Did you have many headaches getting it all back together and functioning? I can imagine myself taking mine apart fine, putting it back together and then something doesn't work... :?

You welcome!

To clean? Mr. Muscle + scrap pot + hot water (shower room) :lol:

No b.
No stress as long as you have a bit of an idea on what are you doing :lol:

I had bit of fun with fitting in the screen the right way around, after backlit DIY (apart this was easy peasy) :lol:

Good luck with yours....
By the rock Sat Jun 12, 2010 7:04 pm
dope! thanks for taking the time to show peeps this! big up
By Eemo1 Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 am
FOR CLEANING ANYTHING ELECTRONIC, USE ISOPROP. ACHOHOL!
By Rey305 Fri Jun 18, 2010 7:27 pm
Definitely not a job for the weak at heart...I am afraid I will have to do the same to my mpc-60...when I got mine it had some issues...opened it up, cleaned the pads and some of the contacts and switched the disk drive, vacuumed out the cobwebs and some bugs and it came back to life...but I know it needs some more tlc...your photos will definitely help...Thanks!!!