Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By jazzbassk Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:43 am
I want to use my MPC60 for the drums, and logic like secuencing to work with plugins instruments (exs24, Pro53...)
How i must connection by midi MPC and Logic?

I write from spain, sorry by my english.

By ikke Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:21 am
Use Pro Tools for that! :wink: Since you have it with the 002! Its much better in syncing! Combi Pro Tools + MPC is tha bomb!! :o

'Pro Tools?' You re thinking.. 'I dont have any plugs for Pro Tools! :roll: '
Think again! :D Last year Fxpansion released the vst2rtas wrapper! So you can use all your VST's and VSTi's inside of Pro Tools, without any latency or bad CPU performance. Its great! It only costs like 75 bucks! www.fxpansion.com In the beginning the wrapper was kinda unstable and had some bugs, but after the release of version 1.5 everything was ok and working like a charm!

Then sync all those things with Reason via Rewire and you're ready to rock! And when you're done rocking, record everything in Pro Tools (MPC, Reason, VSTi's), bounce it to disk.. And you're done, Its ready to be mastered!
Last edited by ikke on Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

By ikke Tue Jun 01, 2004 8:25 am
Or if you wanna use Logic, you have to set Logic and MPC to receive or transmit MTC (MIDI Time Code) and let them play together. Just connect 2 MIDI cables, going from MPC to Logic and from Logic to the MPC.

If you dont have a MIDI interface on the comp. Connect your MIDI keyboard and controllers to the MPC in. MPC out to 002 in, 002 out to MPC in.

By erkl Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:04 am
why is pro tools the bomb ?
i use nuendo 2 to sequence all my software shit, am i missing out ?

also.. why use the mpc as a sound module when a vst like battery does that so much better, and the mpc is really most valuable for its sequencer ?

By jazzbassk Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:12 am
¿I can record and modify in the Logic, midi that firing of the MPC60?

By ikke Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:21 am
jazzbassk wrote:¿I can record and modify in the Logic, midi that firing of the MPC60?

Excuse me? Can you rephrase that

By jazzbassk Tue Jun 01, 2004 9:28 am
sorry by my english. I write from spain.

What I want is to secuencing my music with Logic and his plugins, and to use the MPC for the drums.

For that reason I need to know as I can contol the MPC from Logic.

The question is that I have sold my Digi 002 because did not use the 8 entrances...

But now I have bought a MPC60 and I need a card sound.

the single MPC I am going it to use for drums.
It interests Logic pro to me because it is a package complete and closed to be able to take in my Power book.

I am doubting between:
1- Motu + Logic
2. Mbox + Logic

That you recommend to me?

By elmacaco Tue Jun 01, 2004 7:47 pm
Mira tio, todo eso depende en como quieres trabajar. Quieres usar el sequencer del MPC para controlar los instrumentos en logic? O quieres usar el 60 como un instrumento que grabas en logic, en midi o en audio, o los dos?

Decide eso primero, despues te podemos ayudar.

Yo creo que la manera que yo lo utilizaria es usando el MPC como el sequencer primero, con lost sonidos del MPC y tambien los de logic controlados en el MPC. De ahi, graba el midi del MPC que controla los instrumentos externos a logic, y graba los tambores del MPC en logic pero a audio. Ahi tienes toda la cancion en logic y puedes cambiar los instrumentos y todo eso para terminar tu cancion.

El sequencer del MPC es excelente, y usando el mpc con sequencer externo no vale tanto en mi opinion.

By arctec Wed Jun 02, 2004 4:47 pm
my 2 pence... (sorry I don't speak spanish)

I use Motu 828 mk11, Logic Pro and MPC60.

My sytem may be a bit convoluted but it works for me:

Logic master - MPC slave.

I route MPC audio outs to logic input tracks via 828.

I do all sequencing in the MPC. Obviously the drums, but also the softsynths within logic (and hardware synths and sampler). I sequence the soft synth part(s) on the MPC, and then record the midi into logic. I don't do this for all parts, but just the ones that I feel for.

Then it's a case of mixing and bouncing within logic. It works great for me - the best of both worlds...

By jazzbassk Thu Jun 03, 2004 10:26 am
Gracias!!

Pregunta para macaco.

Lo que yo quiero es utilizar el MPC solo para la percusion.

Yo trabajo la melodia siempre en Logic, y luego quiero crear la percusion en el MPC60, sincronizarla con el tema que tengo en Logic y cuando este ok grabar el audio del MPC en Logic.

¿Cómo tengo que configurar para poder trabajar así?

Muchisimas gracias!!

By elmacaco Thu Jun 03, 2004 12:27 pm
Conecta tu MPC a tu compu con midi. Pon el MPC en Sync para que siga el reloj de logic.

By jazzbassk Fri Jun 04, 2004 8:42 am
thank you very much!