Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By LUCAS21080 Wed Jan 05, 2011 7:40 pm
HELLO,

A few of the tactile switches recently went on my newly purchased MPC3000. I found a good video on youtube of some guy showing you how to replace them and what you need to do it with. What i couldn't find was the information on what type of tact switch to use and where to get them from.

A manufacturer call ALPS used to make them and you could pick them up pretty easily but they discontinued the item before i bought an MPC and have since found it hard work to find a supplier of the correct model as there are a few variations.

I was advised to use the, Omron part B3F-6022 tact switch. Although technically it was the same the manufacturer had removed the two pins from beneath the switch which is used to solder the switch to the circuit board and replaced them with four smaller pins, one on each corner of the tact switch, this obvisously causes problems as the pins weren't long enough and in the wrong possition.

To cut an already long and boaring story short, i found a new supplier and have listed details below.

SUPPLIER - DIGI-KEY

CONTACT - IF IN THE UK - 0800 587 0991 OR GO TO LINK BELOW.

LINK - http://www.digikey.com/

PART CODE - SW264CT-ND.

SWITCH - 6X6X5MM, 12V, ONLY DIFFERENCE IS ITS 150GF INSTEAD OF 160GF, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE THOUGH.

For 30 of the little sh*ts and delivery from the states came to just less than 20 pounds. Bargain.

They may still be in large circulation and maybe you didn't have any trouble with it but i couldn't find them anywhere so i hope this helps at least one person out their.

Peace.
Last edited by LUCAS21080 on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Pilchard Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:39 pm
Thanks for the info
I bought some of the last switches a few months ago but, it's good to know there are still some available.

Let us know how you get on with them.
By Deta!L Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:17 am
what's up man, that was my video..I replied to you as well..glad you found some that worked

you actually reminded me to replace mine, so I spent the last two days switching mine out
By LUCAS21080 Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:27 am
Thank you for that video, you literally saved my life. I bought a 3000 and not even a week later the 'play, stop and over dub' buttons suddenly stopped.

After a long research i found out about the tact switches issue which led me to you video. I don't reply to it tho, i only saw it last week but thank you for doing that, help incredibly.

Then it was a mission to find a supplier of the correct switch. That company i mentioned tho, Digi-key are amazing. So helpful and really knowledgeable, American company too.

Peace
By dmarz45 Mon Jan 10, 2011 4:47 am
http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... mADw%3d%3d

those are the ones you want. Mouser doesnt have them anymore it seems but that's where I got mine from. You need to make sure you get the ones with 2 legs and not 4 legs. The 4 legged ones are for the MPC60. They are dirt cheap and pretty easy to install. I only had a little bit of soldering experience and I did it myself. It was really fun too!!! You really do need to be pretty careful when taking the old ones out however...
By dmarz45 Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:22 pm
LUCAS21080 wrote:PEOPLE PLEASE READ MY FIRST POST. ALL THE INFORMATION ON WHAT PART AND WHERE TO GET THEM FROM IS LISTED.

Thanks bro I appreciate that. I just ordered 10 more tact switches for my 3000. I just replaced most of em a couple months ago, but the ones I didnt replace are starting to c*rap out on me. So now its time to replace the rest of the tact switches. I dont know why I just didnt replace them all at the same time, I'm an idiot..
By dmarz45 Tue Feb 08, 2011 8:30 am
fengland wrote:any idea if these are the same for the mpc 60? I have a couple buttons I have to press really hard

No the MPC60 tact switches have the 4 legs like I said before.

These are the ones you want: http://www.mouser.com/Search/ProductDet ... 4Jyg%3d%3d

Make sure you practice soldiering first if you don't have any experience already...
By jimmie Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:58 am
LUCAS21080 wrote:To cut an already long and boaring story short, i found a new supplier and have listed details below.

SUPPLIER - DIGI-KEY

CONTACT - IF IN THE UK - 0800 587 0991 OR GO TO LINK BELOW.

LINK - http://www.digikey.com/

PART CODE - SW264CT-ND.

SWITCH - 6X6X5MM, 12V, ONLY DIFFERENCE IS ITS 150GF INSTEAD OF 160GF, MAKES NO DIFFERENCE THOUGH.

These are 24V not 12V.
Isn't that a bad thing?

Are the Omron B3F-6022 the only alternative?
By soundtech Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:23 pm
hi i had some switches changed on my 60 and noticed they are very very clicky. it takes unusual power to be able to press them and they are very noisy not to mention they double click sometimes or just go nuts when you name a sample

i noticed the switches on another machine are very very smooth

are the alps the best ones? are they the same brand as those on the 60?

i need some for my 3000 as well

i understand its either alps or omron is that right?

i can see the links for the alps switches are included here

thanks
By RudeRuben Sat Feb 15, 2014 11:38 am
dmarz45 wrote:http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/ALPS/SKQKAKD010/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMsgGjVA3toVBA1UHfTHbV9%252bgO3sZ6mcfpw%3d

Those might work for the MPC 3000. I'm pretty sure they will.

Did you try ?..

I have ordered them. And suppose it works just fine.
By C-Quence Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:39 pm
I've used the sw264ct-nd from digi key on at least 3 different 3000s and have had no problems. I did find you can get those cheaper from mouser if you search b3f-6022. That's the omron part number. They're only $.31 if you order 50 or more. I ordered and used those on the last 3000 I serviced. They're the same and perform well