Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By pUs Thu Jun 24, 2004 10:02 pm
Just a quickie.. when saving a big set (spanning over two disks) and forgetting to unset the write-protection when inserting the second floppy, I'll get no chance to simply put out the disk, change the write-protection and put it back in. I'll have to start the whole proccess over again, beginning with the first disk again.

Is there any way around this? (of course other than making sure the floppies I insert aren't write-protected to begin with..)

I find this a bit annoying, having to go through the whole thing again.

By anon_twist Thu Jun 24, 2004 11:20 pm
dude.. just get the scsi connection. say goodbye to disk spanning and disk swapping forever!

By BassLINE Fri Jun 25, 2004 4:40 am
^^Couldn't agree more. It's MORE than worth it. Your programs and sequences load in like 30 seconds or less and you don't have to swap disks. Floppies are a pain.

"Is there any way around this? (of course other than making sure the floppies I insert aren't write-protected to begin with..) "

I think you answered your own question here. Why look for a solution to a problem when you can avoid the problem with a little caution? Just be more careful.

By pUs Tue Jun 29, 2004 1:02 pm
Yeah, I know about the SCSI. Already bought an unused zipdrive which I intend to use for this. Haven't bothered to order the expansion itself yet though..