Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs

By DJAndreas Mon Jun 28, 2004 5:15 am
ya, the 60 -s900/950 is a premier combo. I guess its good to try different things, thanks again!

By Kilowax Tue Jun 29, 2004 8:59 pm
Peace 2 yall!

Ì love this board!!! Looks like it's where gear addicts can meet!!!

By jrides Wed Jun 30, 2004 1:07 am
Actually im not a gear addict.... and I really could give a shit what I use, as long as it gets the job done. I just come here to lend a hand when I can, because im a 60 owner. I know some gear addicts....lol & that shit is a sickness. I feel for you cats man.... I really do. Dont worry so much about the MPC being so ill, and which respected producer uses it, and get busy learning to make dope trax. Its really not the gear its how you use it..... Use it well.

By Kilowax Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:04 pm
Thers're things I caan understand with some guys... Why every time somebody begin a threat on a gear he like to use (or will like to use it), an other person come and hate on him? What's the purpose of a forum?

And why those kinda peeps think that 'cuz you're speaking on machine u don't know how to use dem? And where those peeps who are so busy (you know.... dema working hard 'pon MP!!!) find time to answer gear addicts????
Pass the threat and gway, ya westing ya time with people who love the gear they work with... [/i]

By elmacaco Wed Jun 30, 2004 12:38 pm
YEah tim, it's a ****, I am prety much only on the 60 forum and off topic now.

By DJAndreas Thu Jul 01, 2004 8:10 am
ELMACACO, Im struggling with this midi thing. I got the midi cables right, do I have to play the sp303 beat for the 60 to hear it? Im trying to see how I can get the sp 303 sounds on a 60 pad. Do I need some rca cables? I follow all the steps too, I assigned the sp303 to a pad. Am I not doing something.. THANKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!

By fobedafied Thu Jul 01, 2004 11:24 am
sounds like you need a lesson or two in midi...

but, if im not mistaken, the 60 will recognize midi note numbers...

so assign your samples in the 303 to the respective midi note numbers
(a number between 35 and 98 i beleive) then....

in the 60, assign the midi note number coinciding with the 303 sample to the pad you want to trigger that sample....

this should help as long as you have your midi cables hooked up correctly and have the mpc transmitting on the same midi channel that the sp303 is set up to recieve on....

i hope this helps, but seriously, im still learning this stuff too... and to tell you the truth, i dont know ish about the sp303... Good Luck!

By kybeats Thu Jul 01, 2004 2:04 pm
MIDI - the connection everyone wants but few understand....

LOL I think I can market this.. :lol:

By elmacaco Thu Jul 01, 2004 4:23 pm
Set a track on the midi channel the 303 is set to, turn local off, and leave the track field to drum.

You should get a sequential map of note numbers as the master in your 60, It's been explained here before.

By jrides Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:04 pm
Kilowax wrote:Thers're things I caan understand with some guys... Why every time somebody begin a threat on a gear he like to use (or will like to use it), an other person come and hate on him? What's the purpose of a forum?

And why those kinda peeps think that 'cuz you're speaking on machine u don't know how to use dem? And where those peeps who are so busy (you know.... dema working hard 'pon MP!!!) find time to answer gear addicts????
Pass the threat and gway, ya westing ya time with people who love the gear they work with... [/i]

Its not hate.....not at all. I like my 60 alot. Many nights I fall asleep and its in the bed next to me, cuz I was too tired from a long session to put it away. Its a great too for what it does and the centerpice of my production setup. Its a tool though.

"Ì love this board!!! Looks like it's where gear addicts can meet!!!"

Being a member of the board....I was pointing out that your sweeping generalization was inaccurate. If you have been on this board for any period of time, you will see that im usually here to lend a hand and rarely ask questions.

"Pass the threat and gway, ya westing ya time with people who love the gear they work with..."

This is what I usually do. On any message board I signed to....thats the usual steez. I am a member of this forum tho. You made a generalization about the members that I felt the need to "correct" you on. I dont like to be associated with the term "gear adddict". I know a few in real life. They are annoying as hell. With some cats, everytime they talk to you they wanna talk about gear and why this piece is so fresh as compared to that one..... They think cuz you make tracks..... its allllll you want to talk about. By the conversations end you are having fantasies of tying him up with midi cords and torturing him with topless pictures of Cee-Lo, simultaneously playing a Lil Wayne Lil Zane duet, slicing him with the removed metal cover of a DD floppy and pouring salt and alcohol on the wounds.
I digress tho.

"What's the purpose of a forum?"

Its not just a place for gear addicts to meet. Some people come here to share helpful info with newcomers and veterans alike.

As for knowing how to use the MPC....my thoughts were along the lines of:
"Those who know usually dont say.....Those who say usually dont know"

That was a genralization on my part. My bad.... but judging by your response....you now see how it feels to have a generalization rub you the wrong way. At any rate man.....its all really not that serious for you to be gettin all super sensitive over. Everyone continue to have fun and make beats.

Peace
Last edited by jrides on Thu Jul 01, 2004 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

By Kilowax Thu Jul 01, 2004 9:24 pm
OK, JRIDE, so my bad too... Let say, I can feel you...

Let us just making music... and stop the s***t!!!

Peace.