Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Earnest Magilakutti Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:10 pm
I am getting ready to overhaul my MPC 60 it's getting the Marion SCSI upgrade,a new backlight and some paint.I am wondering however how exactly does the SCSI upgrade work?The specs say that one zip disk holds the equivalent of 125 floppys but how exactly are they organized on the zip disk?Does it use folders like the newer MPC's or is it partioned off in some sort of way?Any help or answers would be helpful.

By jrides Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:49 pm
No folders. It uses partitions A,B,C,D,E,F.G.....etc. You can set the size of the partition to your liking. Elmacaco gave me the idea a while back, to use smaller partitions around 5mb. This would be enough to hold 1 or 2 songs, and all system and sequence/song data. That way you dont have many files laying around all un organized on the same partition.

By elmacaco Sun Jul 04, 2004 3:52 am
yeah, use multiples of the memory used. so 1.5 Mb's x 3 = 4.5 with extra space for sequences associated with the programs. Plus it keeps you under the file limit, which is like 256 or 224 or something, afterwhich you can't load anything else regardless of how much free space you have.

I did all the math high as hell one night and it has worked out well so far, I only hit the file limit once, and only lost like 200k tops.