Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By micb Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:01 am
There isn't a disk version of vailixi, you must be getting that confused with 3.16 which I believe is a boot from disk os, but vailixi 3.50 is eproms only. 3.16 is slightly more advanced than 3.10 but no where on par with 3.50.
By perilousselector Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:25 pm
heh yes micb you're right i was thinking of 3.16 (which i think i need 3.11 to boot up anyway?) i was thinking it was just a version with less options...damn i wish rohan would show up! i've started editing samples in peak..seems alot simpler to do that with a long sample then load into mpc editor than the 3.11 technique! (but then peak is 2nd nature already to me)
By micb Wed Jan 25, 2012 6:02 pm
Yeh I think 3.16 was mainly just an OS that cured bugs that were in previous versions... but don't hold out on Rohan... you could be waiting forever and he still might not surface. The best way to sample is simply the way it works best for you... there isn't any definitive best way. Some people like to make the same number of copies of the sample they wish to choose others like to just pick bits out of the sample and assign to new ...
By nuts Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:18 pm
Now, one must copy the Vailixi 3.50 Eproms and send them to the world, and especially to the people who never received anything from Rohan.

But i don't understand what's happening with him...i bought Vailixi two years ago maybe.
Rohan even sent me a second one since the first one was lost during shipping.

This guy seemed honest and always prompt to help people.
By fobedafied Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:37 am
nuts wrote:Now, one must copy the Vailixi 3.50 Eproms and send them to the world, and especially to the people who never received anything from Rohan.

i think its a little too soon to jump the gun like that...

if in fact it is a perpetual hiatus i would agree with you 100%, but as of yet, i dont htink that is the case here...

i hope. :|
By LOGOS Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:55 pm
i went through this thread and although i am not a regular contributor here i'd like to offer a little reason in order for this mpc community to help rohan in this unfortunate time he is going through...

if someone TRUSTWORTHY can replicate the chips(or data or whatever) and send them to the people that ordered them from rohan then i think that would be ok...

a real community is a community that helps each other. this is why online communities are so appealing.

as it is, i went through a whole ishload of hard times in my own personal life recently, i think that because Rohan has been such an outstanding person here, instead of everyone bitching, and worse, LETTING his good name get ruined during this difficult time for him, then let's help the guy out and pick up the slack for him...it's what i could have used from my "friends and supporters" a few months back

the moderators here, should they be willing, can assist in this in some way. for example, anybody who provides a TRUE proof of purchase for the valixi, can authorise the reproduction of the valixi and sent to him. i am hoping that some of the expenses for the purchase of eprom chips and shipping might possible be covered by the forum, should mooneys be available, and i have a feeling when rohan is back on his feet, will be happy to reimburse the forum (in fact i'm sure rohan has made numerous contributions to this site, financially and otherwise)... if not, then let's all together find a solution...

it's not fair to kick a good man while he's down.... and as friends and brothers in a wonderful community like the mpcforums, it's our responsibilty to help a brother when he's down, especially when he isnt able to help himself.

if things get worse, then we can figure things out then. for now... i dont think spending 15-20bucks on shipping and eprom chips is the end of the world.

solutions and not problems... mansell labs couldnt exist without these forums, and people come these forums BECAUSE of people like rohan.

i would be happy to help in whatever way i can...problem solving is my niche (not tooting my own horn) so unless anybody can think of a better way to solve these issues, then i think, at lest for now, this is the best option.

btw, i appreciate how patient people have been here... good for you, especialy micb!

let's not destroy the mans work by cheating him out of it during this difficult time.. let's just figure a way to help him out.

be part of the solution.. not part of the problem ;)
By gertie Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:32 am
good idea logos....however one mayor flaw...

all anyone has to do is now order the chips, make a copy of the paypal payment, then cancel payment and use the copy of payment to get free set of chips :?

Ronan, or someone who can represent him really need to take care of this, i cant see any forum mod allowing the copying of someones work, without that persons permission.
By Acid Mitch Sun Feb 05, 2012 10:15 am
gertie wrote:good idea logos....however one mayor flaw...

Not only that but people would only get half what they are paying for.
Is the guy burning the chips going to give support also ?

gertie wrote: i cant see any forum mod allowing the copying of someones work, .

They wont.
The thread was locked once before because people were talking about copying the ROMs.Looks like it might be headed that way again.
By Lampdog Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:00 pm
Gertie and Acid Mitch are right. Get that thought of stealing outta here.

Logos, that idea is not helping no matter the logic you put behind it.
By micb Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:50 pm
Lampdog wrote:Gertie and Acid Mitch are right. Get that thought of stealing outta here.

Logos, that idea is not helping no matter the logic you put behind it.

Well it actually wouldn't be stealing would it beings as we have legitamately payed for it.....

But regardless, that option is not an option. There is no safe way to do that without the possibility of a situation like Gertie presented happening.
By SEED78 Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:53 pm
LOGOS wrote:maybe a personal friend of rohan can oversee this idea... just to help out

you'd think maybe a personal friend of Rohan's would have found a way to block shop on his site or refund people, not a hard thing to do with a few passwords verbally given over the phone - that hasn't happened, which suggests there is a lot going on behind the scenes to make this situation not as straight forwards as you are thinking.

its the waiting game for all involved now. get comfortable!!