Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By enchilada Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:07 am
Hey guys,

Just a quick note that I can confirm the SFRM72-FU-DL is definitely working on my MPC 60 MkII running OS 2.12.

For those of you who are inclined to say "pics or it didn't happen", I'll make a beat tonight and post a video of me loading the beat from USB.

Kris
By *Pilchard* Fri Feb 20, 2015 1:10 am
Gotek SFRM72-FU-DL

After a couple of hours messing, trying to get this to work on my ASQ10, I finally tried turning the floppy connector round (with the tab on the wrong side).

Success.
I can now confirm that this drive works perfectly with the ASQ10

What's more, I am still using OS v 2.03 with no problems.

I am currently using an old 16mb SD card in a suitable adapter but, I have an 8Gb Sandisk Cruzer Fit coming in the mail to use with it. A bit large in terms of capacity but I had trouble finding one smaller.
Seeing as there are no samples to save, this Gotek drive is ideal for the ASQ10 with mainly only Song and Sequence data to be saved, File sizes are very small.
In fact you can probably fit weeks of work on one floppy image Lol

Cost £21.00 free post and took 8 days to arrive from China

Thanks to all those who suggested turning the ribbon connector. :worthy: :-D :-D

:mrgreen:
By *Pilchard* Sat Feb 21, 2015 10:31 pm
fooddude wrote:I wonder if any of these Goteks will work with my S950

I don't know but, I think that will be my next project :nod:

Edit: New flash drive arrived. Nice and small, doesn't obscure the buttons.

By fooddude Sun Feb 22, 2015 8:14 pm
*Pilchard* wrote:
fooddude wrote:I wonder if any of these Goteks will work with my S950

I don't know but, I think that will be my next project :nod:

Edit: New flash drive arrived. Nice and small, doesn't obscure the buttons.

Nice one
By richie Tue May 12, 2015 5:33 am
There's a been severa SD to SCSI adapters eBay in the past day for $80 USD shipped. (Not sure what shipping is to Europe) .. Screw that floppy adapter.
By konc3pt Wed May 13, 2015 3:27 am
Thanks for heads up, after more research dont think this would work in the 3000 as its designed to write on 720k floppys the 3000 does 144mb if im correct
By richie Wed May 13, 2015 5:56 am
konc3pt wrote:Thanks for heads up, after more research dont think this would work in the 3000 as its designed to write on 720k floppys the 3000 does 144mb if im correct

You're welcome. As it stands, the scsi2sd adapter seems to act a little funny with the 3000 without valixi.

also, there are people with a 3000 and a gotek emulator, I think the firmware plays a part or some mode modification to allow it to operate in other hd - 1.44 or dd - 720k mode. Hopefully someone else can chime in here and either confirm or correct me on this.
By konc3pt Fri May 15, 2015 8:37 pm
if getting these goteks to work becomes more hassle may look at other options

I believe this floppy to usb emulator should work in the 3000, I'll give it a try and report back
http://www.amazon.com/Xuuyuu-Sfr1m44-u100k-Updated-Version-Emulator/dp/B00C4PCK9S/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1431721842&sr=8-1&keywords=gotek

richie you mind posting or pm me link to the cf to scsi adapter you mentioned ?
By JUKE 179r Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:44 pm
I found this info on the Chicken Systems website about SCSI card readers...
http://www.chickensys.com/news/20150811/scsicard.php

I originally posted this in the 2000/2000XL forum but I thought this info would help others with vintage MPC's.