Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By micb Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:51 pm
Hi guys.

Just doing a bit of work to my mpc 60ii so decided to take the cover off. Once I got her open I realised that the wires to the contrast knob have snapped off their solder joints. The lead is still present and it has 3 wires( red, brown and orange )

Does anybody have a picture of the inside of their 60 that shows which way these wires connect to the underside of the knob?? It's just I have no way of knowing which order they go in...

Any help would be sweet. Cheers
By CoastCoaster Sat Apr 16, 2016 10:33 pm
OP if you are still here, how did this go? I have an MPC 60 here where these wires have separated due to shipment. Hoping to fix this personally without having to ship it again for more work and more bumping around. The service manual is maddeningly vague and there are no pictures of this knob with wires attached on the web as far as I can tell. There are pictures of P209 on the board which is the other end, but not of the knob. Thanks.
By A pair of Glasses Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:44 pm
3 wires.. The Middel one is the middel one.... And it needs to be attached to an potentiometer. If left is left and right is right and the function is switched than de-solder it and flip the wires from left to right.

Hope it helps a bit
Greets