Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By micb Wed Oct 10, 2012 11:13 pm
if the 47b does not work (or supposedly) does not work in the mpc3000, does this also mean that it doesn't work in the 60???
By SEED78 Thu Oct 11, 2012 12:19 pm
99.9% yes

but maybe with a specific firmare and specific jumper settings the 47b might work on the 3000/60 - but good luck finding that.

don't you need the card carrier thing when using the 47b - DOG ugly solution to be left with after a LOT of time wasted getting it working. think when I tested that drive it didn't even fit inside the 3000 very well.

there is other solutions - I'm getting 10x 3.75 Acards in post in a few weeks for examples. :idea:
By JUKE 179r Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:19 pm
Just adding my current experiences to this thread...

As much as I really like the Microtech PCD-47B SCSI card reader, it's not worth installing it internally in the 3000. It's been a nightmare trying to get it to partially work on Vailixi OS3.5 and not at all on OS3.11. With trying out a combination of various jumper settings, different CF cards and trying all 5 of my -47B card readers, the CF card slot was the only slot I barely got the 3000 to work (format/save/load) with. The other 2 slots don't work on the 3000..

I even tried the Microtech PCD-60B card reader which was easier to get to work with the 3000 but you can't use all 6 slots. Only the CF card slot worked which is a waste of a card reader with 6 slots.

I decided to scrap the idea of the Microtech card readers in the 3000 and will put them back into my 2000XL again. I went ahead and installed a Artmix/Stratos Technology's RaizenMonster SCSI card reader (no jumpers plus soldering the missing ground wire) into the 3000 and have had zero problems with it.