Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By SEED78 Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:53 pm
Do both - you'll prob get more answers from the electronic forum, as a lot of people on the hip hop one are just making trap with reason, but you might get a few old school heads pop up.
By Clint Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:11 am
JimminySnicket wrote:you might want to try the-breaks forums...

Only interesting thing I seen over there is...

They got hot Bronx chicks posting in Alchemist threads??

http://the-breaks.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=60019

But seriously, two forum memberships is enough for me at this point. Feel free to post and link to this thread wherever you may go, see what people think even if they dont post here.
By Clint Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:50 pm
Strange how in most interviews I've read with Roger, people always ask stuff about the MPC60, the MPC3000 rarely gets any love or a detailed shakedown.
By Clint Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:15 pm
I did read the whole article, software 'groove templates' tell us nothing about the MPC3000. Although I think Dilla was mentioned in there somewhere, lol.
By daftmunk Wed Jul 03, 2013 10:27 pm
Clint wrote:I did read the whole article, software 'groove templates' tell us nothing about the MPC3000. Although I think Dilla was mentioned in there somewhere, lol.

fwiw the 3000 gets mentioned more than the 60 in that article... regardless the info on swing applies to both machines as i'm sure you know they both share the same OS. the infinitely slight difference you might notice in timing is due to a slightly more jittery clock on the 60 probably the result of it's slower CPU..
By Shostakovich Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:57 am
Clint wrote:There was a book about the SP1200 a year or so ago, sold out faster than a rat up a drainpipe so I still haven't seen a copy.

PM me if you still looking for this.
By Clint Fri Feb 07, 2014 7:13 pm
JimminySnicket wrote:Any updates about this project?

Yes.

This project is well underway and beginning to shape up nicely. I will post brief progress report here over the weekend for those of you that are interested. Apologies for the lack of info/posts over the past 6 months, I've been quite busy with this project behind the scenes. Dont forget you can always post here or email me if there is anything you'd like to add to the conversation or discuss privately.

[email protected]

Clint
By Clint Tue Feb 11, 2014 8:56 pm
UPDATE 11 FEB 2014: The project is progressing well and robbed me of many early nights and evenings out. There is no schedule and no deadline; when its done its done. Producing a book is a lot more work than I had ever considered, but I am committed to seeing it through to completion.

I have asked for and received a lot of support from forum members and other individuals wihout whom this project simply wouldnt be happening. I've also had my fair share of letdowns and disappointment to contend with along the way.

The focus of the content has been determined and every effort has been made to trace every available piece of information in relation to the content. A number of individuals have been approached to take part in interviews and the response thus far is promising and exciting, without naming names at this stage.

In fact, just when I think my research is complete, new information comes to light which just adds to the completeness of the work. Yes it causes delay, but in my opinion, it will be worth the wait. I've learned so much, particularly about the MPC60, that I did not know 12 months ago when I started my research. I've uncovered stuff that is not online, not in magazines, and not available in English. The task is to piece all of the information together in a coherant, chronological fashion and make it an interesting read. Of course, I'm always looking for ways to add value to an offering, so additional surprises may well be in store.

I am looking for a small number of volunteers to help out with testing. To do this you will need to have a MPC60 with 3.10 or MPC3000 with 3.xx and be proficient using the machine with any of the following gear.

MPC60/3000 with SP12/SP1200
MPC60/3000 with S900/950
MPC60/3000 with ASR10/ASR-X
MPC60/3000 with MFC42
MPC60/3000 with MPC Ren/Studio

If youre interested in helping out as a 'technical advisor', drop me an email, credit will be given. I need 2 people for each combo, that should be sufficient.

Finally, one aspect I'm not looking forward to is the page layout, design and typography using Adobe Indesign CS5. So if anyone reading this happens to be well versed in using InDesign and can offer some practical assistance, please drop me an email. No harm in adding a book credit to your portfolio.

With any luck a DSLR will be available soon so I can start taking some photographs, however if you have any great high-res images to submit for a 'readers galllery' type feature email them to me with a name and location. Credit will be given for any images selected for inclusion. I think thats about all I can add at this point, but if you have any questions or suggestions, post them here or email me directly at [email protected].

Thank you all for you support and your patience.