Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By SDC Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:42 pm
Hey guys!

I was about to introduce myself last week, while i was waiting for my MPC60 II to arrive, but i couldn't think in something worthy, but anyway, here i am and not for the best reasons..

So i bought this MPC in Europe, and as i am also in Europe i didn't check the voltage... Result, fried MPC..

I read some threads about users who did the same, and in some cases the fix was changing the fuses.
I am not sure if that's the case on mine, because they look normal to me, but here's some pictures:

Do you guys think they are bad?

Also, the seller told me this MPC has OS 3.10, but as i can see clearly, there's 2.12 on those chips. WTF!!

Any help will be greatly appreciated!
:cry:
Last edited by SDC on Wed Feb 20, 2013 11:49 pm, edited 8 times in total.
By JUKE 179r Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:45 pm
pull out the fuses and check them for continuity with a mulitimeter.

Check here also...
http://www.mpc-forums.com/viewtopic.php?t=29188

And here for OS 3.10...
http://www.rogerlinndesign.com/mpc60-software1.html
By JUKE 179r Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:09 pm
If the fuses are good that usually means the transformer got fried.
I don't have the MPC60 service manual so I don't know the wiring schmatics for it.
With the power cord unattached, check all connections to make sure they are properly seated onto the circuit board.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:29 pm
Have you checked fuse F1, on the Filter PCB (small PCB partially hidden under the Power PCB that is in your photos above)?

The 3 fuses (F2/F3/F4) that you show in the photo are positioned after the transformer in the circuit, fuse F1 is before the transformer on the AC input, which might have blown with the over-voltage.

And yes, not 3.10.
By SDC Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:33 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:Have you checked fuse F1, on the Filter PCB (small PCB partially hidden under the Power PCB that is in your photos above)?

The 3 fuses (F2/F3/F4) that you show in the photo are positioned after the transformer in the circuit, fuse F1 is before the transformer on the AC input, which might have blown with the over-voltage.

And yes, not 3.10.

Those 3 are the one's i can see.. Where's F1 located?
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:36 pm
SDC wrote:Those 3 are the one's i can see.. Where's F1 located?

SimonInAustralia wrote:Have you checked fuse F1, on the Filter PCB (small PCB partially hidden under the Power PCB that is in your photos above)?
By SDC Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:47 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:On small PCB underneath the PCB in your photos.

Found it and looks bad:

I believe this is not the original fuse. This is 0.8A but the MPC needs 1.6A.. :hmmm:
Last edited by SDC on Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By SimonInAustralia Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:55 pm
Yes, if the destination country code, printed on the rear panel of the MPC near the power inlet, is A C, then the service manual says that F1 should be rated at 1.6A/125V.

I would guess that they have used a 0.8A/250V fuse instead.
By SDC Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:59 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:Yes, if the destination country code, printed on the rear panel of the MPC near the power inlet, is A C, then the service manual says that F1 should be rated at 1.6A/125V.

I would guess that they have used a 0.8A/250V fuse instead.

Yes, probably.
I'm not sure if i will be able to find 1.6A/125V fuses here, but i will try tomorrow.
Thanks a lot guys!
By mr_debauch Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:11 pm
Ahh.. well good luck! I hope that fixes it! report back the results!
By SDC Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:13 pm
mr_debauch wrote:Ahh.. well good luck! I hope that fixes it! report back the results!

Sure i will! Fingers crossed
By micb Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:18 pm

This fuse I have was given to me by a dude who I bought a 3k off, just incase I ever did the same thing as you. I am not sure wether they are the same?? It has 50f and F1AL 250v written on it. It's here if you really get stuck anyway. Also I have the 3.110s available ;)
By SDC Tue Jan 22, 2013 9:34 pm
micb wrote:Image

This fuse I have was given to me by a dude who I bought a 3k off, just incase I ever did the same thing as you. I am not sure wether they are the same?? It has 50f and F1AL 250v written on it. It's here if you really get stuck anyway. Also I have the 3.110s available ;)

I guess that fuse you have it's for 220V MPC's (European power), but mine is 120V (US power).

Will PM you (not sure if i can with only a few posts.. if you wont get a message from me, please drop me a PM)