Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Soundsmith the Programmer Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:16 am
So, I've been gone for a minute...

But back when, I bought the Vailixi OS from Rohan.

About two weeks after that I bought a "not finished" copy of the Viamana OS for my MPC 60II. I didn't see any updates on the posts about him, so I assume that he is still missing in action.

Did anyone else get one?

The basics of the Vailixi OS are all integrated, and i'ts **** smooth.

8) :smoker: :fku:
Comments?
By fobedafied Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:04 pm
dammmmm.

very interested. :shock: :nod:

i had heard rumors. but never that name, or anyone confirming anything tangible...

i wish rohan would pop up and make some cash by supporting the community... :nod: :-D

but at this point... i think you should link up with "that other EPROM guy"... :wink: :twisted:
By Clint Thu Feb 21, 2013 2:23 pm
Soundsmith the Programmer wrote:Did anyone else get one?

Yes, but not me.
By fobedafied Wed Mar 06, 2013 9:01 pm
the guy selling _________ on ____. :wink:

naming the "eprom guy" may go against the spirit and purpose of this website. :? :oops:
By Clint Wed Mar 06, 2013 10:36 pm
fobedafied wrote:the guy selling _________ on ____.

No, he hasn't got it. None of those 'resellers' have it. Yet...

There are two people that I know of that have it. Essentially whoever did get it is aware it was in beta and they were used to test the software. One told me it was quite buggy, certainly not in a saleable state by Rohans standards. And its called Vimana.

If you do have it, maybe you can help me with some additional info???
By fobedafied Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:39 am
clint246clint wrote:
fobedafied wrote:the guy selling _________ on ____.

No, he hasn't got it. None of those 'resellers' have it. Yet...

thats why i told Soundsmith to link up with them. :wink: :nod: :-D
By Clint Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:46 am
I've not heard if or how it improves upon the 3.10 OS. It's all very hush hush for some reason. To think a couple of members here have this thing, yet there is no full rundown of its features and shortcomings for us all to salivate at. I'm trying to get a test drive for research purposes but it ain't happening...
By viacom Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:16 am
If RM never returns, this OS needs to be preserved. I doubt there are many copies of it out there.
By micb Thu Mar 07, 2013 8:37 pm
It's possible that the version soundsmith has is newer and more refined than the version the person who reported it as being buggy had. Take some pics of the screens, and explain to us what features of vailixi it has. I know the most handy features would be the hybrid partition and the edit while sequencer plays. Tell us more...
By Shostakovich Fri Mar 08, 2013 10:28 am
Yes, a colleague of mine here in London has had it since a few weeks before Rohan went MIA. He hasn't spoken of any bugs.
By Clint Fri Mar 08, 2013 4:01 pm
They're all coming out of the woodwork now. So wheres the rundown?

Is anyone going to break this unwritten code of silence, or were NDA's signed?

Pics, videos, reviews, anything other than "yeah I got it" or "it has Vailixi features".

Would be nice to have a review for the book, for the sake of completeness.
By Clint Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:10 pm
You got me Fobe, I'm busted...

Let's not start another debate about ethical dilemmas, look what happened last time.