Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By dambeer Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:43 am
hello, i have an mpc 60 mk2 in very good condition, battery gone, everything was fine until pad 11 crash 1 started to go crazy, then in a month its fine again, but then when am working on a beat or midi sequence the mpc freeze, the lcd is blank and all red light on, i don't now what to do, please help.
By MPCHunter Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:48 am
Random failures and power issues can sometimes be attributed to failing/dry/leaking capacitors in the power supply. Replace the electrolytic in the power supply if they have not been replaced in the past 10 years. The service manual has the list of parts you need; if you can find capacitors rated at 105C, use these instead of the 85C ones as they are supposed to be more robust to thermal issues.
By dambeer Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:46 pm
Yes when i reset the machine everything is back to normal, thanks for the advice, i'll check the service manual right now
By dambeer Tue Oct 14, 2014 12:50 am
MPCHunter wrote:Random failures and power issues can sometimes be attributed to failing/dry/leaking capacitors in the power supply. Replace the electrolytic in the power supply if they have not been replaced in the past 10 years. The service manual has the list of parts you need; if you can find capacitors rated at 105C, use these instead of the 85C ones as they are supposed to be more robust to thermal issues.

This solve the problem, it was a big black capacitor in the power supply that was unsolder, i just soldered again and everything's normal, thanks and sorry for the delay.