Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By jibber Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:04 pm
Ahh man, slightly jealous over here! :mrgreen:

Quick question, i'll ask it here since i never got a reply to the emails i sent to Colin....

Did he send out the next batch already? I'm asking since 10 days ago i had a note from DHL (DHL or DPD, i think DHL) in my mailbox saying they tried to deliver a package. I should have contacted them on their website within seven days, but forgot... now the package went back to sender and i can't find out what it was and who sent it. I'm a little scared it was the two 60 screens from Colin that i ordered... perhaps? :roll:
By amenphetamine Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:43 am
A feast for the eyes these new LCDs.. So dope!!

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By amenphetamine Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:44 am
:popcorn:
By jibber Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:59 am
Ahhhhh man! Enjoy it (or are you still waiting too?). I can't wait... i've heard from somewhere i'm not far down the list now... :mrgreen: 8)
By jibber Tue Nov 18, 2014 10:25 am
Clint wrote:
jibber wrote: i can't use my 60 since last year and i'd like to have it working again before the end of this year...In short: Should i wait or get my screen fixed now?

Wait.

I hope someday i can say you gave me good advice... still waiting... :popcorn: :mrgreen:
By Clint Tue Nov 18, 2014 9:55 pm
I think it's fair to say, MPC60 screens are not Colin's priority. It's not what puts food on his table or pays the bills. He is running a business (Sequentix), so he has to focus time and resources on his official products which are highly regarded in their own right.

I waited more than 6 months for mine, so I have confidence that there will be another batch as soon as time allows. Sometimes you need a lot of patience when there is only one supplier on the planet. Colin will not do a Rohan I'm pretty certain of that, so if you've paid, sit back and relax, find something else to do.

jibber wrote:I hope someday i can say you gave me good advice...
By jibber Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:08 am
I haven't paid anything yet.

Last i heard was i'm not far down the list and would hear from him again soon. That was two months ago.

Problem is i can't use my 60. There's a used screen on ebay... there's a few akai rack samplers that'll work as screen donors that frequently pop up on ebay and other sites for 100-150 bucks... So i'm kind of on the fence about it... waiting and having faith in Colin, while not being able to use the 60 since more than a year now (not Colins fault of course)... or pulling the trigger on a used screen and i could soon use the 60 again.... aaahhrghh... :wink: :?
By Clint Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:33 pm
I have compatible screens available, no need to buy a donor machine. If you want to use the machine spending £15-20 on a screen is a minor. You could always sell it on or keep it as a spare if Colin comes through with the LED screen.

I sent a couple of screens to a member in the us recently, he hooked it up nicely!
By soundtech Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:19 am
jibber wrote:I haven't paid anything yet.

Last i heard was i'm not far down the list and would hear from him again soon. That was two months ago.

Problem is i can't use my 60. There's a used screen on ebay... there's a few akai rack samplers that'll work as screen donors that frequently pop up on ebay and other sites for 100-150 bucks... So i'm kind of on the fence about it... waiting and having faith in Colin, while not being able to use the 60 since more than a year now (not Colins fault of course)... or pulling the trigger on a used screen and i could soon use the 60 again.... aaahhrghh... :wink: :?

if i may ask you, are you talking about the screen itself? i am taking it that yes. if it was the backlight, the screen would still be readable. did you know the s1000 has a display that can fit in a 60? don't you have one lying around?

edit: rushed into posting, it seems you already mentioned it, in any case that sampler is the s1000 as far as i know :) i'd cop one just to use my 60 if i were you
By jibber Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:56 pm
Copped an S1000HD for 90 bucks. Screen doesn't fit into the 60. Plugging it directly into the 60 powers only the backlight, but the screen doesn't work. Screen itself is a different size and color. :popcorn:

EDIT: And now apparently that killed the S1000 screen. It doesn't work anymore after plugging it back into the 1000, just makes a whining noise. Now i'm wondering if my 60 is a screen killer? Nonetheless, the screen is a different size and color anyway.

Ahh well, 90 bucks wasted (the S1000 is in a real bad condition, the screen worked however... before plugging it into the 60). I'll keep waiting for Colin then... :popcorn: :popcorn:
By derMole Sun Dec 21, 2014 11:34 pm
Heard anything from Colin recently? Wrote him a week ago and haven't received an answer yet.
By griff505 Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:24 am
No, I've been trying to get in touch with him since September. He must be busy with the Cirklon.

Is there another source for the screens?
By mcroepster Fri Jan 23, 2015 12:48 am

peace :smoker: