Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By diggy Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:14 pm
Very interested in this, my mk1 has the very annoying high pitch whine.

I will buy one guaranteed
By jibber Tue Oct 20, 2015 11:07 am
I'll post some pics when i find the time and can be arsed to open up my 60 again (i'd rather not now that it's running again after more than two years). Peace.
By jibber Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:41 pm
I hope this helps.

...and just for fun, here's an unfinished MPC60 "couch beat" (all done in the mpc, recorded from stereo out):
https://soundcloud.com/sp-fanatic/cruisin :mrgreen:

Peace.
By richie Thu Oct 22, 2015 5:25 am
Thanks for sharing Jibber.

Very interesting that 2 of the ics in the last picture were removed from that board as they're standard on the regular Winstar displays.
By evilxyzzy Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm
It helps to understand how the MPC60 LCD works.

In most LCD modules these days, the controller is on the module. The CPU in whatever device is using the LCD sends commands like "Put these characters here". The MPC60 uses an older style LCD. All that is on the MPC LCD is a bunch of shift registers. The LCD controller ( a Sanyo chip as I remember ) is on the CPU card of the MPC and it sends raw pixel data to the LCD module.

It looks like the modification on this particular module is to remove the controller from the Module and then map the shift register inputs to the appropriate connections on the cable and then it looks like a little work was done to re-map the cable connector a little too.

I think there is enough detail in those photos to figure out the mod, and the LCD itself is available from Digikey and probably other places.
By A pair of Glasses Thu Mar 16, 2017 10:36 am
It's an great display.. Really loving this thing, I think I am using this for more than 1,5 years now .. Sort off.. On the 60 mk1, it was one of the first batches. Stil no issues . Bought it from sequentix , because I liked the effort he put into this to make it happen.

Greets
Danny
By amenphetamine Sat Mar 18, 2017 8:22 am
WASKMUSIC wrote:Yeah but they didnt reply to my request about 450 days ago. I guess its enough time to reply. So im looking for an alternative

Don't hold your breath. They didn't bother to reply to my request (and reminder) I sent them in the very beginning it was announced cca. 3 years ago.

Alternative might be MPC60 MK2/MPC3000 new LED display transplantation. Jazzcat is currently working on these, check out his FB for more details.
By JUKE 179r Sun Mar 19, 2017 5:58 am
From Jazzcat's FB page...