Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Acid Mitch Sun Jun 22, 2014 7:33 am
3K. wrote:Looks like it could fit the 3000 as well, why wouldn't it?

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the display in an MPC60 is too big to fit in a 60 MKii or 3000.
By Clint Sun Jun 22, 2014 8:59 am
Did I miss the order page? Or is it not there yet? Haven't seen anything. :(
By master-ceo Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:55 pm
viacom wrote:Not sure. you'd have to enquire with Colin at Sequentix about that.

http://www.sequentix.com

Thanks. Forgot all the links and info was in the 1st Post/Page.
By viacom Mon Jun 23, 2014 2:52 am
Clint wrote:Did I miss the order page? Or is it not there yet? Haven't seen anything. :(

Hit up Colin with an email. I don't think he has had time to make a section on his site. I just sent him some funds through paypal and he sent me the screen.
By 3K. Mon Jun 23, 2014 11:36 am
You'd think so, as it's sharing its power supply with the LCD, as viacom wrote. In this case, I'd desolder the now unnecessary inverter from the PCB. Clever product, Sequentix!
By SimonInAustralia Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:33 pm
3K. wrote:You'd think so, as it's sharing its power supply with the LCD, as viacom wrote. In this case, I'd desolder the now unnecessary inverter from the PCB. Clever product, Sequentix!

There is no reason to desolder the inverter.

All you have to do is disconnect the power from the power supply to the inverter PCB, then it is not in use anymore, it doesn't have to be removed for any reason.
By 3K. Mon Jun 23, 2014 3:43 pm
You're right Simon, I was thinking MPC 3000 here, but there again unplugging would do the job.
By Clint Mon Jun 23, 2014 4:47 pm
viacom wrote:
Clint wrote:Did I miss the order page? Or is it not there yet? Haven't seen anything. :(

Hit up Colin with an email. I don't think he has had time to make a section on his site. I just sent him some funds through paypal and he sent me the screen.

Thanks for the info.
By sequentix Fri Jun 27, 2014 8:42 pm
Hi people,

I've signed up to the forum so I can post the current status of the LCDs here.
Sorry about the lack of email response so far. The MPC displays are not a regular product for us, and my usual line of work keeps me very busy.
I sourced a carton of white on blue displays for possible use in the Cirklon sequencer a while back, but decided against using them.
I adapted one of the displays for Mitch's MPC, so I didn't have to listen to his whining ;) And it seemed a smart idea to use the rest of them for this purpose, since there's a demand for them.
The modification needs surface mount rework, and routing of the module profile to suit the MPC enclosure.
I have just over a dozen of the displays left.
I'm selling them for 84ukp including shipping, modified and ready to fit.
There isn't an order page up yet, not had time.
I have a folder of emails from people who inquired already, I'll get back to those people in the order they first inquired to offer them a display over the next week.
If you haven't emailed me, and want a display, drop me an email to colin (at) sequentix dot com, and I'll put you on the list.
Depending on how many orders I get, and if I can face another bout of eyestrain, I may order a further carton of displays.

Cheers,
Colin
By sequentix Fri Jun 27, 2014 9:07 pm
...and while I remember, I've got another batch of EXM003-compatible memory boards in stock too, if anyone's looking.

Cheers,
Colin
By jibber Mon Jun 30, 2014 8:33 am
That's good news!

Can we get a price estimate?
By Acid Mitch Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:09 pm
jibber wrote:That's good news!

Can we get a price estimate?

2 posts above yours there's a bit Colin wrote that says " I'm selling them for 84ukp including shipping, "
By Acid Mitch Mon Jun 30, 2014 3:11 pm
sequentix wrote:I adapted one of the displays for Mitch's MPC, so I didn't have to listen to his whining ;)

That sound was the inverter whining, not me. :lol: :lol: :lol: