Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Clint Sun Aug 31, 2014 8:56 am
davehate wrote:I was doing some scanning of upgrade parts on mpcstuff and noticed they have a mpc60 adapter plate for mpc60 lcd screen to put into mpc3000...

Is it available and in stock?
By amenphetamine Sun Aug 31, 2014 9:19 am
So it looks like, in the end, that this future wasn't so bright as it first seems.. At least not for a common plebs like me..
But I'm not losing my faith yet, as I still hope to be able to lay my hands on it one day.
By davehate Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:01 am
Clint wrote:
davehate wrote:I was doing some scanning of upgrade parts on mpcstuff and noticed they have a mpc60 adapter plate for mpc60 lcd screen to put into mpc3000...

Is it available and in stock?

Negative..it got my hopes up though cause I googled adapter plate and it came up available via a sit called findable.com but after clicking more into link it redirects to mpcstuff out of stock ::(

I would really like to try this..worse case scenario I sell if it dont fit but then again that's if I can get a hold of either.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:10 am
The LCD connectors are wired differently between the models, I think that the MPC60II and MPC3000 have the same LCD pinouts, which are in a different order to the LCD pinouts on the MPC60 (from memory, without checking schematics).
By Acid Mitch Mon Sep 01, 2014 2:47 pm
davehate wrote:I was doing some scanning of upgrade parts on mpcstuff and noticed they have a mpc60 adapter plate for mpc60 lcd screen to put into mpc3000..

No they don't. That would be impossible.

They have an adapter for the 3000/60 mkII display to fit the MPC60, but you can't fit an MPC60 display in a 3000 or 60 mkII.
By davehate Mon Sep 01, 2014 3:43 pm
Acid Mitch wrote:
davehate wrote:I was doing some scanning of upgrade parts on mpcstuff and noticed they have a mpc60 adapter plate for mpc60 lcd screen to put into mpc3000..

No they don't. That would be impossible.

They have an adapter for the 3000/60 mkII display to fit the MPC60, but you can't fit an MPC60 display in a 3000 or 60 mkII.

Ahhh Damon...I see , I had it backwards..man whoever figures out a lcd for 3k will have my money in a heartbeat. Thank u for clarification^^
By Acid Mitch Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:49 am
UPDATE:

The first half dozen or so displays were shipped over the summer holiday period.
There is another batch currently in production (half done) that will be shipping shortly.

If you have emailed Colin about a display, you will be on the waiting list and will be contacted in due course.(That includes all you "common plebs" :lol: :lol: )
Thanks for your patience.
By jibber Tue Sep 02, 2014 2:37 pm
Thanks for the update.

So could you help me out and take a guess? If i emailed Colin a week ago, i'm on the list? And could you take another guess if it will be weeks or rather months until i could call myself the lucky owner of such a display?

I'm simply trying to estimate if i should still try to get my screen fixed in the meantime. Not keen on doing that, but i can't use my 60 since last year and i'd like to have it working again before the end of this year.

In short: Should i wait or get my screen fixed now?
By Clint Tue Sep 02, 2014 7:14 pm
jibber wrote: i can't use my 60 since last year and i'd like to have it working again before the end of this year...In short: Should i wait or get my screen fixed now?

Wait.
By jibber Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:03 pm
Aight, thanks mate, i'll wait it out... The SP1200 should keep me busy in the meantime anyway... :)
By amenphetamine Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:14 am
Acid Mitch wrote:If you have emailed Colin about a display, you will be on the waiting list and will be contacted in due course.(That includes all you "common plebs" :lol: :lol: )

Yay!! Thanks for the update, you've just made my day! :P :nod: :smoker:

Acid Mitch wrote:(That includes all you "common plebs" :lol: :lol: )

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By SimonInAustralia Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:01 pm
blackbeard wrote:Hey , I want one TOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! RAWR!

Is this you on the EBAY ?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/REPLACEMENT-BAC ... 1537695067?

Clint sent me :worthy:

That is the guy Clint is talking about.

But this thread is about full replacement displays, that incorporate a built-in LED backlight, rather than the replacement EL foil backlights for standard displays as in that eBay listing.
By blackbeard Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:23 pm
Ahh I see, Well I can totally read everything currently on my screen, just no light what so ever so I assume all I need is the back light, but that led one sure does look sexy... whats the $$$ difference ? :smoker:
By jibber Thu Sep 11, 2014 11:49 am
Carefully read the last few pages of this thread, especially the last posts by the user sequentix... if you search and open your eyes, you will find your answers young padawan. :wink: