Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By parome Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:39 am
Hi,

I have an mpc 60 mk2 with a marion scsi interface (1.1) installed, and also a cf carder installed. First time trying to use the card reader and I get no response.
It searches for a scsi disk on startup and I get a green light on the reader itself but it doesn't recognize it when I try to make it active or format etc.

Any ideas how to proceed? It says ACS on the reader and has some sort of jumper configuration on the back of both boards. Searching but haven't come up with anything yet.

Any advice welcome,

cheers :hmmm:

By parome Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:29 am
So I Guess it could just be the CF card is not recognized. I've tried to format and there's seems to be some activity but it ends with an error.
By SimonInAustralia Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:30 am
Check the jumper on the IDE-CF adapter, make sure it is set to Master.

Check the jumpers on the SCSI-IDE bridge, make sure you know what SCSI ID it is set to, and that SCSI termination is on. SCSI termination power should probably be off, as that should be supplied by the Marion SCSI interface, unless the SCSI termination power fuse on the SCSI interface is blown.

Since the IDE-CF adapter is not ATAPI, it will be non-hotswap, so make sure you have the CF card inserted before powering up the MPC, and left it in until you power it off.

Make sure that you are trying to format the correct SCSI ID, as set and checked on the SCSI-IDE bridge above.

Maybe try different CF cards if it still doesn't work, SanDisk seem to be most compatible.
By parome Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:06 am
Thanks for the info.

I've just been using auto for format and activate. I'll have a look at the jumpers.

SimonInAustralia wrote:make sure you know what SCSI ID it is set to, and that SCSI termination is on. SCSI termination power should probably be off, as that should be supplied by the Marion SCSI interface, unless the SCSI termination power fuse on the SCSI interface is blown.

I'm not sure where they are! There's three jumpers on the cf drive itself, it's set to MA (master?) and on the ide bridge (ACARD 7720U rev 3.75) The jumpers aren't marked?
By parome Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:55 am
Just an update for anyone who finds this thread and has a similar issue. It was the card. I'm now using a lexar professional 1gb 80x card without any issues.
By parome Sun Feb 16, 2014 12:59 pm
Actually, one small issue - not related to the card, I don' think..

After formatting on the mpc60 (26 partitions @30mb), the card isn't
recognized on my pc (xp). Did a search but the only answer I found is to use MPC editor to format the card, and all I could find is a free version with this feature removed.

Any way to get cf card recognized by the pc?