Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Remedial Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:05 pm
From what I can gather, it appears that was the last OS upgrade that wasn't only floppy bootable or ROM chip upgrade dependent.

It seems that it was once available on Roger Linn's website but that link has expired.

If anyone has any leads, I'd appreciate it.

Also, if my assumptions of it's loading options are incorrect, I appreciate being corrected.

Thanks.
By MPCHunter Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:35 am
Remedial wrote:From what I can gather, it appears that was the last OS upgrade that wasn't only floppy bootable or ROM chip upgrade dependent.

It seems that it was once available on Roger Linn's website but that link has expired.

Also, if my assumptions of it's loading options are incorrect, I appreciate being corrected.

Thanks.

You can get the file from the link below:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050210022 ... oads.shtml

Text below is copied from the website for future reference.

"Version 3.12 software for the MPC3000

This software version for the MPC3000 is identical to the normal MPC3000 shipping version 3.11 except for the following: it permits the loading of stereo sounds and large 2-part sound files (larger than one 793k floppy disk) than can be created by a version 3.10 MPC60.

Note: This is NOT a full software update for the MPC 3000. This process will temporarily load a new OS into RAM, and will not be saved when you turn off the power. To use this software:

Download the file m3k_v312.zip.
Decompress the download file using a utility such as WinZip or PKUNZIP (PC) or Stuffit Expander (Mac).
Copy the file onto a 1.4 megabyte floppy.
Insert the disk into your MPC3000 and turn the power on. After about 45 seconds, the MPC3000 will be running v3.12. After loading the MPC60 sounds and saving them, reboot the MPC3000 without the v3.12 disk in the drive to resume running your internal software version. While running v3.12, your available sequence memory will be reduced by approximately 10%."
By Remedial Thu Mar 06, 2014 12:51 pm
MPCHunter wrote:
Remedial wrote:From what I can gather, it appears that was the last OS upgrade that wasn't only floppy bootable or ROM chip upgrade dependent.

Thanks.

You can get the file from the link below:

https://web.archive.org/web/20050210022 ... oads.shtml

Text below is copied from the website for future reference.

"Version 3.12 software for the MPC3000

This software version for the MPC3000 is identical to the normal MPC3000 shipping version 3.11 except for the following: it permits the loading of stereo sounds and large 2-part sound files (larger than one 793k floppy disk) than can be created by a version 3.10 MPC60.

Note: This is NOT a full software update for the MPC 3000. This process will temporarily load a new OS into RAM, and will not be saved when you turn off the power. To use this software:

Download the file m3k_v312.zip.
Decompress the download file using a utility such as WinZip or PKUNZIP (PC) or Stuffit Expander (Mac).
Copy the file onto a 1.4 megabyte floppy.
Insert the disk into your MPC3000 and turn the power on. After about 45 seconds, the MPC3000 will be running v3.12. After loading the MPC60 sounds and saving them, reboot the MPC3000 without the v3.12 disk in the drive to resume running your internal software version. While running v3.12, your available sequence memory will be reduced by approximately 10%."

I really appreciate this.