Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By godxbOmb Tue Apr 15, 2014 7:01 am
I am now the owner of an MPC60 II. It is being shipped as of now. I have had a nagging curiosity compelling my desire to try one out for nearly 5 years now. I saw a deal I couldn't resist and had to pony up the dough. Now I get to view things from the perspective of you old heads. :smoker: :wink:
By godxbOmb Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:27 pm
I must say good sirs.. The pads on this 60II are the best I've felt on any mpc. They are like little pillows of silicone :mrgreen:
By JUKE 179r Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:32 pm
Good find!
I never fkd with a 60 or 60ii but if I found a great deal like you did, I do the same and buy it.
By godxbOmb Sun Apr 20, 2014 2:18 am
I'm glad that I did. It really turned out to be a great deal after all. Having never messed with a 3000 or 60 until now, I am pretty delighted with the thing so far. All things considered with it's limitations....My 1000 def picks up the slack. They seem to be a match made in heaven.
By godxbOmb Thu May 15, 2014 1:36 am
I love this thing O_O
By Clint Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 pm
Any pics of your new girl?
By krishi Mon May 19, 2014 12:51 pm
hi all,

as this is my first post on this forum after a few years of reading, i d like to quickly introduce myself:

i started out in 1996 with my first akai, a s2000. then read an interview with dj shadow where he talked bout the mpc3000. so i got the mpc2000, then a s3000, a s1100, later s5000 and two mpc1000, then a mpc2500...

and a few days ago, i finally found a used mpc3000 which is on its way now.
i really hope it works, its like an old dream comes true, feels still so unreal..

you guys all helped me a lot in the last years, talking the jjos, the mpc bible and all these little tricks that all of you know! thumbs up for everybody contributing! :-D
By Clint Mon May 19, 2014 5:09 pm
Welcome krishi!

All the answers are here, somewhere.
By godxbOmb Tue May 20, 2014 12:17 am
krishi wrote:you guys all helped me a lot in the last years, talking the jjos, the mpc bible and all these little tricks that all of you know! thumbs up for everybody contributing! :-D

I agree. I <3 this forum.
By godxbOmb Tue May 20, 2014 12:20 am
Here she is so far.

I am thinking about buying another one for backup. Maybe a 60 Mk1. After I change out the backlight on this one. :mrgreen:
By Clint Tue May 20, 2014 7:42 am
Looks to be in great condition, got the floppy emulator too. Does it have scsi or max ram?
By godxbOmb Thu May 22, 2014 2:45 am
Clint wrote:Looks to be in great condition, got the floppy emulator too. Does it have scsi or max ram?

No SCSI. The ram is maxed. The floppy emulator works fantastically once you get the hang of it. I'm in love with the sound. It's a limited machine....but it has a super quick flow when creating drum kits. blah blah blah it's all been said here before :smoker:

Now I'm really curious about a 3000 though :? ... I hate gear acquisition syndrome :Sigh:
By Clint Thu May 22, 2014 3:59 pm
pspsounds wrote:Is that a USB port?

Clint wrote:...got the floppy emulator too.

The Gotek USB floppy emulator is far cheaper and easier to use than other solid-state storage options, and is a direct replacement for the floppy drive. Many MPC60's have been upgraded with one over the past 2.5 years or so, especially as you do not need the Marion SCSI interface. I am yet to bite as I have a large library of floppy disks, but if you've just copped an MPC60 its a no-brainer...

Do you want to save/load using floppies or a USB drive which is solid-state and easily backed-up?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=148895

This one, the DL version, holds 999 folders (equivalent to 999 floppies) on a USB drive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SFRM72-FU-DL- ... 35c83fce12

While the original holds 99 folders (equivalent to 99 floppies) on a USB drive.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/5V-DC-SFRM72- ... 1c40bd7d51