Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By triggerfinger Fri May 15, 2015 9:44 am
And here she is in her new home!

As an old hand on MPC (2000xl, 1000) - but new to MPC3000 I have to say I am thoroughly enjoying it! The build quality and the one button per function particularly are on a different level to the other machines. But there is a real design oversight to this machine that is very complete and well thought out.

Real fun - and sounds amazing. Next I guess will be raising the funds for a CF upgrade...

By Dustyfinga1.0 Fri May 15, 2015 11:23 am
triggerfinger wrote:The build quality and the one button per function particularly are on a different level to the other machines. But there is a real design oversight to this machine that is very complete and well thought out.

A job well done. I agree 100%. From an industrial design point of view there is no MPC that is as well laid out, ergonomic, and beautiful as a 3000 / 3000le. The 60mk1 comes in second IMO.
By Fizmo100 Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:41 pm
Sorry to weigh in a year too late, but the info may be useful for other people looking for a replacement screen - mine is dead (at some point someone has made a terrible job of a backlight replacement, and some of the rows of pixels are out). I struggled to find a replacement screen from the usual parts suppliers - they didn't have stock, and the prices if they had got them would have been crazy. I picked up an Akai S-3000 on Ebay for £50, and the screens look like a straight swap. Much cheaper than buying a replacement screen. Just a shame to take an S-3000 out of action, but it's for a good cause.
By richie Wed Jul 22, 2015 12:16 am
^ the same can be said for the screen from the S2800 series samplers.