Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By distortedtekno Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:57 pm
I'm looking to buy a RaizinMonster to use externally for my 2K. I'm surprised that nobody has mentioned the RaizinMonster in the 2K/XL forum from the original topic. My MO drive crapped out on me a few months ago. I can replace it with another. But the RaizinMonster is too good for the price to ignore.
By sparkdala Tue Nov 11, 2014 9:55 pm
Sorry if I'm just slow, but:

Did I get it right that I have to order both a RaizinMonster and a MPC300 SCSI Kit?
Is there an option where I don't have to solder?
And to get hot swap to function it says like this in the ebay auction for RaizinMonster: "That function is needed that OS of the machine has the removable function. "
Does that work on the standard OS or do you need Vailixi?

Thanks!
S RAW
By sensei Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:59 am
I'm about to order these but wanted to confirm one thing first. I'm going to get the Conversion kit and the Raizinmonster.

I'm guessing the conversion kit allows for the extrernal SCSI port to still be active!? People are still using external SCSI drives as well?
By soundtech Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:54 pm
sensei wrote:I'm about to order these but wanted to confirm one thing first. I'm going to get the Conversion kit and the Raizinmonster.

I'm guessing the conversion kit allows for the extrernal SCSI port to still be active!? People are still using external SCSI drives as well?

is this true this is leaving the external port active? I may use a monolith as well to flip through mpcs
By jandoe Fri Nov 28, 2014 12:17 am
Just installed the Stratos SCSI board + SD FuzinMonster and it seems to work as it should:) Loaded and saved a 10sec sample in "no time". Now I need to transfer the files from the floppy emulator sd to the scsi sd.

By soundtech Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:46 am
jandoe wrote:Just installed the Stratos SCSI board + SD FuzinMonster and it seems to work as it should:) Loaded and saved a 10sec sample in "no time". Now I need to transfer the files from the floppy emulator sd to the scsi sd.

could i ask you what is that scsi device hooked in the back of the mpc? i saw you mentioned the name but couldn't find it anywhere, ebay or startos site. i am looking to go for an external solution for my mpc as well especially because i will be flipping it between different mpcs
By jandoe Sat Nov 29, 2014 2:25 pm
@soundtech: That is no scsi device. It's a floppy emulator (lotharek) with a custom build enclosure.

The Artmix/stratos scsi expansion includes the cable and the rear connector to connect external scsi devices. You woulld need an external enclosure with a 5 Volt power supply for the FuzinMonster SD card reader
By soundtech Sat Nov 29, 2014 10:36 pm
jandoe wrote:@soundtech: That is no scsi device. It's a floppy emulator (lotharek) with a custom build enclosure.

The Artmix/stratos scsi expansion includes the cable and the rear connector to connect external scsi devices. You woulld need an external enclosure with a 5 Volt power supply for the FuzinMonster SD card reader

ok cheers so you put the funzinmonster instead of the floppy drive so that is connected to the internal scsi port of the MPC SCSI board. how about the emulator what did you hook that to?