Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By NikBo Tue May 19, 2015 1:16 am
I bought and install the RaizinMonster a few weeks ago...
I perform some basic saving/load operation after installation was complete and everything seems to look fine BUT...
After diggin' in depth, I met some various issues.

-Got a FF01:305/20/00 after I tried to "resave" an existing .pgm
-Only the .snd was saved after a save program+sounds operation
-Got a "there is no floppy disk in the drive" error message after I tried to save a program.
-Some of the .snd sounds clipped/distorted after I load them in the MPC.

Someone?
By konc3pt Wed May 20, 2015 4:47 am
NikBo hope someone can chime in and help, what OS are you running ?

Glad you made a post about issue with it, I nearly bought 4 razinmonster readers, this would have been a disappointment
By Assam99 Thu May 21, 2015 10:25 pm
After all this months I finally got my RAIZINMONSTER workin. Big shout out for Mr. Manabu Sakai for his patient assistance.
That was really hard to find working CF.
at last he send me formatted Sandisk Ultra II 4 gb SDCFH and miracle happened
By felprez Fri May 22, 2015 4:49 pm
NikBo wrote:I bought and install the RaizinMonster a few weeks ago...
I perform some basic saving/load operation after installation was complete and everything seems to look fine BUT...
After diggin' in depth, I met some various issues.

-Got a FF01:305/20/00 after I tried to "resave" an existing .pgm
-Only the .snd was saved after a save program+sounds operation
-Got a "there is no floppy disk in the drive" error message after I tried to save a program.
-Some of the .snd sounds clipped/distorted after I load them in the MPC.

Someone?

You need to turn off the multi-sector transfer.
By ascensionmusic Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:11 pm
Some important information about the razinmonster on the MPC3000

Most likely if you do not have a zip or hard drive hooked up externally via SCSI you will encounter a loud high pitch noise (ground issue) from the headphone and main outputs. I didn't realize this until i unhooked my external zip after installing the razinmonster and tried sampling some sounds. But if you leave a SCSI device attached externally (ZIP, HDD, CD Rom etc) the noise goes away.
By Dustyfinga1.0 Wed Jun 17, 2015 3:26 am
ascensionmusic wrote:Some important information about the razinmonster on the MPC3000

Most likely if you do not have a zip or hard drive hooked up externally via SCSI you will encounter a loud high pitch noise (ground issue) from the headphone and main outputs. I didn't realize this until i unhooked my external zip after installing the razinmonster and tried sampling some sounds. But if you leave a SCSI device attached externally (ZIP, HDD, CD Rom etc) the noise goes away.

Amen brother. Excellent trouble shooting. Problem is solved, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who is bummed out that we must keep the damn SCSI device attached in order to negate the humming. SMH.
Just out of curiosity, do any of you 3000 owners have Jazzcat's card reader installed, and if so does it have this same grounding issue?
By Beatdiggerjazzcat Sat Jun 20, 2015 7:54 am
Hi there
the kits that myself and a few others sell do not have any issues with humming or any other noise.

I had also noticed that this drive type from Artmix introduced noise to the audio line of the mpc 3000 when a customer sent me an mpc to repair.

on closer inspection, it seems that the issue is due to a design flaw on the monster circuit. I did message the producer of said product, to inform him of this issue but I am not sure he took it on board.

I can correct the circuit. If anyone needs help with this
By smellypants Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:56 am
Beatdiggerjazzcat wrote:Hi there
the kits that myself and a few others sell do not have any issues with humming or any other noise.

I had also noticed that this drive type from Artmix introduced noise to the audio line of the mpc 3000 when a customer sent me an mpc to repair.

on closer inspection, it seems that the issue is due to a design flaw on the monster circuit. I did message the producer of said product, to inform him of this issue but I am not sure he took it on board.

I can correct the circuit. If anyone needs help with this

Jazzcat is a good man!

I purchased a circuit board from him. Nothing but good things to say.

Cheers bud
By richie Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:13 pm
That sd2scsi is ending up being a better solution. Put it in your sampler, and it can emulate up to 4 scsi ids simultaneously.

What does this mean? Whatever the maximum partition size your sampler can handle will be multiplied by 4. This alone wins over the Artmix solutions in my opinion.

Put that 2 gb micro sd in your S3000 and have 4 500 meg partitions that can be written/read from!
By peachfuzzmcgee Sat Jul 11, 2015 1:22 pm
So I'm hella confused, I want to buy fuzinmonster to run in my MPC60 but I'm not sure what I need? Do I just need the fuzinmonster and a 50 pin scsi cable? Something more? I have external scsi but it seems like there is a lot more involved than I originall thought?

I don't know, I can't seem to find a really clear explanation on it.
By NikBo Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:31 am
felprez wrote:You need to turn off the multi-sector transfer.

Uh...???
I run version 3.11...Not Valixi.
Where can I turn off the multi-sector transfer on version 3.11...???
By NikBo Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:35 am
I was able to save programs and sounds for the last couple of weeks but now...Nothing...The same FF01:305/20/00 over and over as i tried to save something.
There's nothing I can save now...
By sparkdala Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:21 pm
NikBo wrote:I was able to save programs and sounds for the last couple of weeks but now...Nothing...The same FF01:305/20/00 over and over as i tried to save something.
There's nothing I can save now...

Hey from what I know: you need Vailixi OS to use the Raizinmonster
By sparkdala Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:24 pm
Got my Raizinmonster up n running yesterday. Today I bought some CF cards (SanDisk Ultra 4gb, 25 mb/s) but it didn't work! Just froze up while trying to save pgms+sounds. I had an old one, 2gb, that seems to work tho.

So, any tips on good CF cards that will work??