Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By infinit Sun Dec 07, 2014 7:13 pm
Anyone ever run into issues with the internal cf reader (RaizinMonster), I'm having a problem with saving. After I format, when I try to save on certain partitions of the card it will say the disk or files are corrupt. Even after I'm able to save on a good partition of the disk, sometimes when I go back to save my work again on another day it will say the disk or files are corrupt. I'm using a sandisk ultra II 1GB card.
By soundtech Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:20 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:
soundtech wrote:how about the emulator what did you hook that to?

Floppy emulator connects to internal floppy drive port.

cheers. so i'd try the monolith out. it says it works together with the power monster. is there any soldering involved?

while the stratos tech adverts are quite neat i find they are not so easy for non electronics experts to understand.

cheers
By sensei Tue Dec 30, 2014 9:41 am
infinit wrote:Anyone ever run into issues with the internal cf reader (RaizinMonster), I'm having a problem with saving. After I format, when I try to save on certain partitions of the card it will say the disk or files are corrupt. Even after I'm able to save on a good partition of the disk, sometimes when I go back to save my work again on another day it will say the disk or files are corrupt. I'm using a sandisk ultra II 1GB card.

Are you still having these problems? Anyone else?
By phoking Sun Jan 04, 2015 7:16 am
Hi Everyone,

I bought the Stratos MPC60 SCSI Expansion and a Fuzinmonster (SD Hot Swap).

Fuzinmonster works perfectly in my 2kxl, with a 4GB SD and is hot swap capable. :nod:

However, on the 60 end, it's not so good. I can format the SD, write to it, reload sounds and programs, but can't access it after turn off the power. I'll try some other cards that I can get my hands on in the meantime, but it worked with the 2kxl with the same card and drive...so...

After I turn on the 60 and go to load something, it says that the floppy isn't available? Could this be a battery issue?

Cheers!

P.S.
I am in contact with Manabu (Stratos guy), so we'll see what happens.
By phoking Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:00 am
Just an update here, guys. I don't understand why it would work perfectly in my 2kxl (Even works with Hotswap) and not my 60mk1.

60MK1 has ver 3.10e. I check all the jumpers and termination tricks. Could it be the SCSI fuse on the 60? I'm able to format the SD card and save to it as long as I don't turn the unit off. After that, It goes back to the "Can't find a floppy error."

Also talked to Manabu (Artmix) and he said that it might be *gasp* defective? I got the first defective fuzinmonster? Gah!

Thanks.
By iheartbeets Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:31 pm
I just ordered the Fuzionmonster/ MPC 3K connector combo. Excited to have all my samplers using more modern storage forms. I had originally installed a Lotharek HXC but it could only utilize virtual partitions the size of a floppy disk. Pointless.

I see a few of you guys mentioning Stratos storage solutions for the 2KXL. There is no point in spending so much money unless you absolutely must have hot swap capability.
The very commonly available Addonics ADIDECFB plugs right into the IDE port and works flawlessly.
By Frico Fri Feb 06, 2015 8:02 pm
Von wrote:I just installed a RaizinMonster into my 3K but now I have weird noises from the headphone out :hmmm:

Anyone experience this problem?

Hmmmm -I installed my RaizinMonster very soon after I bought my MPC3000, and never tried the headphone out before the RM was installed. I have a noise issue in the phones too -how would you describe the sound?
By smellypants Fri Feb 06, 2015 9:27 pm
Hey guys I don't have this raizin monster but I use an external cf drive. I also have a weird sound when I plug headphones straight into the headphone out so it's probably not this raizin monster doing it.

Sounds like a continuous tone or sine wave you can't really hear when music is playing, only when there are no other sounds.
By derf06 Thu Feb 12, 2015 8:27 pm
No need - you just need to ground with wire (spade terminals on either end) the CF RaizinMonster to the MPC's chassis.

Your old FD's metal base acted as the ground . . . .