Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By atasco Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:53 pm
Anybody from the UK purchase these? Just wondering about the customs duty, someone else posted that they got a bill for 50 quid, which is more than half the price of the card itself..

Also if I'm installing this in an S3200XL sampler and replacing the floppy drive, do I even need any extra cables? Or do I just unplug the floppy drive and stick the Monster in?
By SEMS Mon Mar 09, 2015 9:03 am
atasco wrote:Anybody from the UK purchase these? Just wondering about the customs duty, someone else posted that they got a bill for 50 quid, which is more than half the price of the card itself..

Also if I'm installing this in an S3200XL sampler and replacing the floppy drive, do I even need any extra cables? Or do I just unplug the floppy drive and stick the Monster in?

I bought the Powermonster last week, so I'll find out in the next couple weeks what customs duty is like. Hopefully it's not too bad, but I'm expecting the worst.

Would also like to know about the other one's use with an S3200XL. I'll be using the Powermonster with an S3000XL at first, but I plan on moving it over to my MPC2k down the line & maybe getting the Raizinmonster for use with the S3000XL (which I'd imagine is pretty similar to the S3200XL).
By vout Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:16 pm
I bought a Fuzinmonster for my MPC3000 recently - I got hit by import charges of nearly £40 including the ridiculous parcelforce £13 'handling fee'. Everything I've bought from Japan has had import charges.

The Fuzinmonster works fine in the 3K, only problem is my PC can only see the first partition on the SD cards, even using hybrid partitions - Does anyone know of any PC software that can read all the partitions?
By smellypants Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:29 pm
vout wrote:I bought a Fuzinmonster for my MPC3000 recently - I got hit by import charges of nearly £40 including the ridiculous parcelforce £13 'handling fee'. Everything I've bought from Japan has had import charges.

The Fuzinmonster works fine in the 3K, only problem is my PC can only see the first partition on the SD cards, even using hybrid partitions - Does anyone know of any PC software that can read all the partitions?

I don't know if there is a way... But if you have a mac, they will read all the partitions.

Edit: Macs work for CF cards, don't know about SD cards.
By atasco Thu Mar 12, 2015 12:23 am
vout wrote:I bought a Fuzinmonster for my MPC3000 recently - I got hit by import charges of nearly £40 including the ridiculous parcelforce £13 'handling fee'. Everything I've bought from Japan has had import charges.

Thanks for the info. Also had to deal with the 'handling fee' recently and it's, as you say, ridiculous! Although I suppose the upside is that it's a fixed amount so if you order something expensive it's not that bad. But that's another topic...
By SEMS Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:07 pm
Ok, so for the Powermonster & Bakmonolith I got hit for £30 total, including the Parcelforce handling fee. Pretty much around what I expected.

Got it working right away with the S3KXL, but can't seem to get it working with the MPC 2K Classic. The power light on the back doesn't light up on the MPC, and when I go into the Disk menu it hangs, but the power light does come on with the S3K. Will probably ask in the 2K forum & email Artmix as well, but if anyone has any ideas holler at me.

Overall tho I'm very pleased, at the very least it works with the S3K!! :-D
By dshook Tue Mar 24, 2015 11:11 pm
Hey guys - some intel here for all of you using the raizinmonster / 3k setup.

These are the CF cards that have worked for me so far:

SanDisk, SanDisk Ultra II, and these generic black ones that just say "UP CompactFlash For Industrial" that I totally didn't think would work.

Brands that didn't work: "Apacer" and "PNY Technologies" and "SanDisk Extreme"

Hit up independent photography stores in your area, they will often have old CF cards, although hopefully they also have a return policy as the 3k doesn't like em all. Lets add to this list to help folks out who are forced to buy cards on eBay etc without being able to try them first.
By sorinp Tue May 05, 2015 11:27 am
konc3pt, can you elaborate a little? I remember seeing this product a while back (and on Youtube videos) but cannot remember the details. Price is friggin' amazing! Thanks
By konc3pt Tue May 05, 2015 11:53 pm
sorinp wrote:konc3pt, can you elaborate a little? I remember seeing this product a while back (and on Youtube videos) but cannot remember the details. Price is friggin' amazing! Thanks

this picture is from a thread on here dating few years back, finding exact model on ebay was bit tricky as there are few of them and all look the same, one model ends with -DL which I read dont work.

installation is a breeze as easy as replacing floppy drive, havent had time to test it yet but should work, I'll verify tonight....

I'll be installing another one in mpc60