Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Horseclick Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:51 am
distortedtekno wrote:
richie wrote:@distortedtekno the way vout rigged his up seems good but I know you'd want a more uniform way of doing it.

Or if you're comfortable enough maybe using a dremel to shave a bit or make a small slit beside the smpte bracket and run the micro sd extension ribbon to it to have easy access to the micro sd.

I'd be interested in purchasing a uniform drop in if you made one man.

My brother started a side business doing 3D printing. So when I buy the SCSI2SD, we're gonna design a faceplate and mounting rails that will look very professional and will fit any unit that you wish to install it in, whether it's bottom-mount or side-mount. The kit will be very affordable and it'll also be available in different colors. I'm not sure how long it'll take to perfect the design. But it'll be worth it for everyone looking to mount their SCSI2SD internally in their samplers or in an external SCSI enclosure.

should work great on the 2k,

i'll definatly be interested in your encolsure, i would back a kick starter for it also so if you need fuinding for materials etc set up a kickstarter adn i'll try and spread the word, scsi2sd is working even on my s950 and thats a picky SOB would definatly work on a 2k no problems.
By distortedtekno Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:36 pm
Horseclick wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:
richie wrote:@distortedtekno the way vout rigged his up seems good but I know you'd want a more uniform way of doing it.

Or if you're comfortable enough maybe using a dremel to shave a bit or make a small slit beside the smpte bracket and run the micro sd extension ribbon to it to have easy access to the micro sd.

I'd be interested in purchasing a uniform drop in if you made one man.

My brother started a side business doing 3D printing. So when I buy the SCSI2SD, we're gonna design a faceplate and mounting rails that will look very professional and will fit any unit that you wish to install it in, whether it's bottom-mount or side-mount. The kit will be very affordable and it'll also be available in different colors. I'm not sure how long it'll take to perfect the design. But it'll be worth it for everyone looking to mount their SCSI2SD internally in their samplers or in an external SCSI enclosure.

should work great on the 2k,

i'll definatly be interested in your encolsure, i would back a kick starter for it also so if you need fuinding for materials etc set up a kickstarter adn i'll try and spread the word, scsi2sd is working even on my s950 and thats a picky SOB would definatly work on a 2k no problems.

Thanks for the encouragement. I plan on buying one after the holidays. I'll keep the kickstarter campaign in mind if I need it. My brother said the materials are cheap and I'll probably start off with a small run of 20, and I can always print more if needed. In the meantime, I'm just trying to see how many people would be interested so I can get an idea if a first run of 20 would be a good idea or not. If you know of anyone else with a SCSI2SD, spread the word. I'm really looking forward to moving ahead with this idea. :)
By Horseclick Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:43 pm
distortedtekno wrote:Thanks for the encouragement. I plan on buying one after the holidays. I'll keep the kickstarter campaign in mind if I need it. My brother said the materials are cheap and I'll probably start off with a small run of 20, and I can always print more if needed. In the meantime, I'm just trying to see how many people would be interested so I can get an idea if a first run of 20 would be a good idea or not. If you know of anyone else with a SCSI2SD, spread the word. I'm really looking forward to moving ahead with this idea. :)

to be honest with you and im only speaking in your best interests , set up a kick starter now.

i've learnt that time and time again those who say yea im interested, +1 me too type posts are full of shit.

i'll put my money where my mouth is and commit through some official channels (crowd funding etc).

for example you can have 2 2 types of enclosure, one normal floppy size and the second being a slim 1 , slim meaning i can mount a hxc and a scsi2sd in the larger floppy drives enclosure.

By amenphetamine Tue Dec 15, 2015 12:01 pm
distortedtekno wrote:I'm still considering the SCSI2SD for my MPC2000, and I'm also considering designing a faceplate kit to manufacture and sell after the new year. I'm not sure how well the SCSI2SD will work with the MPC2000 classic since nobody has confirmed anything. But whether it works or not, I still want to manufacture and sell the faceplate kits worldwide in 2016 incase anyone's interested.

Yo man, any news about the enclosure? Going to buy SCSI2SD and would love to have it enclosure mounted. :nod:
By distortedtekno Tue Dec 15, 2015 2:58 pm
ZWUKOLOW wrote:
distortedtekno wrote:I'm still considering the SCSI2SD for my MPC2000, and I'm also considering designing a faceplate kit to manufacture and sell after the new year. I'm not sure how well the SCSI2SD will work with the MPC2000 classic since nobody has confirmed anything. But whether it works or not, I still want to manufacture and sell the faceplate kits worldwide in 2016 incase anyone's interested.

Yo man, any news about the enclosure? Going to buy SCSI2SD and would love to have it enclosure mounted. :nod:

It's been on the backburner until after the holidays when I buy a SCSI2SD. I won't be able to design the enclosure and print them out until then. But I'll keep you posted when the time comes. :)
By amenphetamine Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:20 pm
Easy man, I'll def wait, no worries! :nod: :smoker:
I got some nice design idea you may find interesting, I'll send you a PM if you don't mind..
By distortedtekno Fri Jan 08, 2016 1:30 am
Triple_A wrote:Keep us posted on the faceplate design. I'd be down for a few. I have quite a few samplers I'd like to use SCSI2SD with in external enclosures.

It may be a while. From what I've read in the MPC2000 subforum, someone bought a SCSI2SD for his MPC2000 and can't get it working. So I'm waiting for more info at the moment. If I change my mind about everything, I'll keep you all posted. But for now, my plans are on hold.
By soundtech Sat Jan 16, 2016 3:02 pm
sparkdala wrote:Got my Raizinmonster up n running yesterday. Today I bought some CF cards (SanDisk Ultra 4gb, 25 mb/s) but it didn't work! Just froze up while trying to save pgms+sounds. I had an old one, 2gb, that seems to work tho.

So, any tips on good CF cards that will work??

Just got this from Mr Artmix and i am very happy with how it shipped and the way it was packed. Very nice service.

I installed it in the MPC 60 and now it's time to get a cf card for the mp.

Can anybody list the cf cards which are confirmed to work?

I can get a a Kingston 2GB CF card. Will that work? And what SanDisks will work please?

Cheers
By soundtech Sat Jan 23, 2016 4:24 pm
Hi everyone, answering my own question here. i bought a 2GB kingston cf card and ran into a bit of a problem.

So, i inserted the cf card, formatted it, it took like a few seconds to format in 26 partitions. is that normal? also i couldn't change the number of partitions.

The SCSI device 1 is active. It's also the only scsi device or cable attached to the mpc 60.

I was really pleased the the card formatted and also i could save sequences and sounds no problem. However when i load back the samples in the mpc they distort, and have some sort of static noise to them. Bummer, I tried formatting the card again but the whole process repeats. The sequences, par files all load back properly but when i load back the samples they are distorted and have static noise.

Anyone? Tech heads chime in please :)
By soundtech Sun Jan 24, 2016 1:01 pm
Sounds like a grounding issue that was discussed on here with the 3k also? I have another cf card on the way and i will be testing that one, hopefully with good results. If it turns out it's a ground problem, i still need the second card anyway, it will be used in my s1000. I will write back for everybody to know.

Anyway does anybody have a bit of feedback about this static noise which gets on the samples when saved on the cf card with the raisin monster? IS that a grounding issue or just a matter of cf cards choice?

Cheers