Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By LucRyan Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:47 am
I recently got a used Akai MPC 60 off of ebay and i have been messing around with the sampling functions. I tried to sample a sound to the TOM4 Pad and when i went back to the main menu screen I did not get any feedback when i hit the pad. I used the same methods of sampling on the other pads and they all seemed to be working fine. The pad can't be broken because it still works with triggering sounds via midi and also when I used 16 levels with another sound, the tom4 pad was working perfectly. I'm confused with what could be the problem. Any experience? any solutions? thanks
By Clint Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:07 am
I don't know how long you've had this machine, but whenever you become the owner of an MPC60 first thing you should do (before trying to make beats) is to reset all parameters to their default settings. This makes sure you don't waste time trying to figure out 'strange behaviour' caused by the personalised settings of the previous owner.

If you had read the manual, you would know that there are quite a few PARAMETERS which can be set to a user preference, and you would also know how to reset to defaults. So try this before coming back with more information about your issue. If a reset sorts your problem, let us know.