Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By enchilada Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:30 am
SimonInAustralia wrote:I am a little over half way towards the coast from you...bright lights, 'big' city. :lol:

I don't quite follow you there. If you're telking east coast that's probably put you somewhere near Goulburn or possibly Cooma. Going south I'd be thinking Shepparton or Bendigo.

Based on the bright lights comment I'm going to assume Goulburn. Am I right?

Either way, it's good to see an Aussie Arrested Development fan here :-D
By SimonInAustralia Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:39 am
As the crow flys.

Would rather not spell it out, have had some internet **** try to negatively impact my personal life before, here and elsewhere, due to not liking me on the internet.
By enchilada Thu Aug 21, 2014 1:46 am
Got it :)
By Clint Thu Aug 21, 2014 4:58 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:Why do you need 3.xx for a floppy emulator?

I don't know for sure, but a good number of people have failed to make it work with the Akai OS. Not just here, but people from various places. Ultimately, as we all know, you need 3.xx for a few things to work in an MPC60. Thats why the upgrade is a no-brainer all things considered.

If enchilada can make it stick with 2.12, he'll be the first person on record to do so.
By enchilada Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:53 pm
Got all of my tactile switches today! Soldered them all in and now all buttons are working perfectly :-D

Re-soldered the backlight but it's a bit dim. Can't wait for my LED backlight to arrive.

Probably won't be doing much until my Gotek drive arrives but will give another update soon. I've been putting off giving it a good clean. Might have to do that while I wait :popcorn:
By Clint Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:30 pm
LED backlight? What's that?

Don't forget to post pics as you go.
By enchilada Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:24 am
Clint wrote:LED backlight? What's that?

Don't forget to post pics as you go.

It's an LED backlight :-). Stay tuned.

Had some fun smashing out some drums tonight. Without a floppy it did get a bit annoying that I couldn't save my sequences before sampling a new sound.
By enchilada Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:27 am
Oh, and to add to one of my previous issues. It turns out I only have problems with monitoring while sampling when using a stereo source with a stereo cable. When I use an unbalanced lead from a preamp there's no problem at all
By SimonInAustralia Wed Aug 27, 2014 11:57 am
enchilada wrote:
Clint wrote:LED backlight? What's that?

It's an LED backlight :-). Stay tuned.

Replacing the EL backlight?

How does that work?

enchilada wrote:Oh, and to add to one of my previous issues. It turns out I only have problems with monitoring while sampling when using a stereo source with a stereo cable. When I use an unbalanced lead from a preamp there's no problem at all

That is because it is a balanced mono input, it is not going to work correctly with an unbalanced stereo input, it will only work correctly with a balanced or unbalanced mono input.
By enchilada Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:00 am
For those of you keeping score, the Gotek drive is working flawlessly.

I guess that makes me the first to get one going on OS 2.12 8)
By enchilada Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:32 am
Just sampled my Yocto 808 clone into my 60 and saved to to USB. I turned everything off and filmed me booting and loading files from USB with my phone. Uploading it to YouTube now. Seems it will take a while, 2 hours according to Youtube :popcorn:

It will be here when the upload has completed

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mSCvvA0gMhM
By enchilada Fri Aug 29, 2014 1:05 pm
Video is live.
By Clint Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:03 pm
That's really good news, and thanks for posting the video.

Makes me wonder why so many others had problems with version 2 software. :hmmm:

Your's is the DL model, i dont think anyone tried the DL with Version 2.

But Simon may well be right.
By SimonInAustralia Fri Aug 29, 2014 6:29 pm
Clint wrote:Makes me wonder why so many others had problems with version 2 software. :hmmm:

Misunderstanding of one person saying that it didn't work to load 16 bit SND files, using OS 2.xx, as meaning that it doesn't work at all with OS 2.xx, and others referencing that, I think.