Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By blackbeard Fri Sep 12, 2014 4:55 pm
Ok another Newb question, (sorry guys) When I activate 16 level tuning mode, I don't actually get 16 levels of tuning just the top 4 pads 13-16 are a different pitch, but the other 12 pads are the same pitch. Sup with that brosephs
By mr_debauch Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:55 pm
blackbeard wrote:Ok another Newb question, (sorry guys) When I activate 16 level tuning mode, I don't actually get 16 levels of tuning just the top 4 pads 13-16 are a different pitch, but the other 12 pads are the same pitch. Sup with that brosephs

on the 60, it can only go so far... sometimes for example if you adjusted the pitch in the drum tuning window it can make it so it won't go below the lowest possible pitch range. Try leaving the sample's pitch alone and then try activating 16 levels.
By Clint Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:45 pm
Have you ever reset the machine to default settings since you got hold of it?
By blackbeard Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:01 am
Clint wrote:Have you ever reset the machine to default settings since you got hold of it?

Nope, I was wondering if this could be done or not....the guy who had it had some really weird settings going on. I'll take a stab at it.
By Clint Sat Sep 13, 2014 1:18 pm
Should always do the factory reset with a new machine. Previous user settings can make for some unpredictable outcomes that leave you scratching your head for hours.

Details of the factory reset procedure are in the manual.
By blackbeard Sat Sep 13, 2014 5:30 pm
Yup that did the trick, plus loading programs that came with it didn't help. I just started from scratch (reset factory settings) sampled my own material and off I went, not a hitch.. The groove and sound of this thing is unbelievable . I did learn a bit about timing correct, I thought it was only active when the Timing correct button was held down, but that's not the case. When I turned it off, what I played is what I got. When on, it nailed it, great trimming! Also having a foot pedal assigned to timing correct is cool, how I can release to let sounds ring out. Totally impressed. Murders the 4k,2k and 2.5k I've owned in the past.