Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By kneebone77 Fri Oct 31, 2014 11:23 pm
Ya'll must not have seen the :lol: or maybe ya'll are just too sensitive when it comes to you MPC daddy Mr. Linn...

I'll go with the latter...
By master-ceo Sun Nov 02, 2014 12:14 am
Clint wrote:JACK YOU'RE A BASTARD.

Damn, I feel like playing frisbee with my MPC Studio now. :lol:

Those vids make me feel proud knowing I own some real MPC's. Don't worry Mr. Linn, Numark gets no more cash from me. :smoker:
By distortedtekno Sun Nov 02, 2014 7:30 pm
Thanks for sharing those vids Clint. I always hated that bastard (Jack). Not only did he **** Roger out of his royalties, he cut so many corners with the build quality of every MPC from the 2000 on. But I'm sure you noticed that a long time ago as well.

JACK YOU'RE A lady's private parts! :fku:
By Clint Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:49 pm
People can ensure Roger gets some 'royalties' by purchasing the 3.10 OS, any Linn product which may be useful or even a Tempest. He's got a family to feed like the rest of us a is a living legend in terms of drum machine/sampling technology.
By distortedtekno Fri Nov 07, 2014 3:31 am
Clint wrote:People can ensure Roger gets some 'royalties' by purchasing the 3.10 OS, any Linn product which may be useful or even a Tempest. He's got a family to feed like the rest of us a is a living legend in terms of drum machine/sampling technology.

I'm seriously considering selling 2 of my 2Ks to buy a 3K and the 3.10 OS. I honestly feel like a traitor owning a 2K, knowing Roger got no royalties for it. I'd love to buy a Tempest. But I really need to have an MPC as well.
By Clint Fri Nov 07, 2014 8:36 pm
I would imagine Roger got his royalties on all new machines manufactured and/or sold before Jack came along. So that would include all MPC's upto and including the MPC2000 Classic, most beige MPC2000XL's, and possibly even a few white MPC4000's.

I've never had a Numark era MPC. Nothing to do with Jack, they just never appealed to me as something I'd enjoy getting my hands on. And I can't think of a single Numark product that would part me from my money. I'd check out the RhythmWolf thing if it was free tho, lol.
By distortedtekno Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:02 am
That's good. Now I don't feel as guilty. I've always had some sort of attachment with the 2K since using it when it was first released.

You're lucky you never owned a Numark MPC. The 1K had it's problems, and dealing with Nukai for a warranty repair was a real shitty experience for me. I'm sticking with the classics, especially since I haven't wanted to support Nukai. The Rhythm Wolf is another story. I haven't tried it out yet. If I like it, I'll make an exception. But I'm not in a hurry to go check it out either. lol