Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By Dustyfinga1.0 Sun Nov 16, 2014 5:43 am
JAYCEE3K wrote:Wow. Great job. Never thought to screen print text on the front panel. Is that how the original text is put on? Seems like a professional method. And must plastisol ink only be used?

Silkscreened, just like the instrument panels of a $50,000,000 Gulfstream G6Fifety. :wink:
By infinit Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:47 am
Artmix CF reader installed. Wanted to keep the floppy, so I found some space on the right side of the 3000.

Last edited by infinit on Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Funkologist Wed Nov 19, 2014 12:58 am
Yo! that is dope^
Would love to know how you went about doing that.
peace
By SimonInAustralia Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:15 am
Nice work cutting a new hole for the card reader!

Looks like you might have to shift the power transformer back a little to make room for the SCSI cable to fit on the back of the card reader?
By infinit Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:50 am
Funkologist wrote:Yo! that is dope^
Would love to know how you went about doing that.
peace

I'll post some steps up soon.

SimonInAustralia wrote:Nice work cutting a new hole for the card reader!

Looks like you might have to shift the power transformer back a little to make room for the SCSI cable to fit on the back of the card reader?

I think I might have just enough room to work with, haven't hooked everything up yet.

By inflict3 Wed Nov 19, 2014 6:37 am
I used waterbased ink when I screen printed my mpc500 and sprayed a few clear coats..
By kneebone77 Wed Nov 19, 2014 7:14 am
8) Nice...

I'm kinda Jelly.
By infinit Wed Nov 19, 2014 9:41 am
To make that cutout for the card reader, you need a dremel and a cut-off wheel (looks like a burgandy/brown disk). Just trace a rectangle, cut along the lines, and file the edges down. You also need to modify the top of the chassis on its side, if you don't it will hit the circuit board. Then you have to drill four new holes to mount the circuit board, just make your marks and drill away. I wouldn't recommend doing this if you've never cut metal, let a professional do it.

By SP12_Eproms Wed Nov 19, 2014 5:25 pm
might be an idea to put a sticker on the eprom without one (ie top lefthandside)
(daylight (uv) erases them gradually over time)

By eno deggur Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:08 am
infinit wrote:Back from screen print. One side is off a little, but I'm happy with the outcome.

Can't wait to see the outcome ! Looks dope so far.
By TYPO Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:15 am
infinit wrote:Back from screen print. One side is off a little, but I'm happy with the outcome.

So good.
By soundtech Thu Nov 27, 2014 2:52 pm
must be the most exciting topic here apart from some storage solutions :)

I have a 60 which I got exactly for this kind of job. your 3000 is looking great. this is exactly what I want to do to my 60. I have no experience in creating the font template in photoshop but some one I know offered to take a photo of the 60 front plate from a flat angle and create that font in software. other than that I think for the paint job of the front plate you just need some one professional to do the job. sure this will inspire me to do this for my 60 after you post the final photos. already is :-D