Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By infinit Sun Nov 09, 2014 7:18 am
Been at it for a week or so, tore it down to fix some broken buttons and decided to redo the whole thing. Here's a few pictures to show where I'm at so far, still waiting on the tac switches to get done.

At kinkos working on the text/layout

Painted the buttons

Powdercoat

Fitting the shell

By Dustyfinga1.0 Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:23 pm
Did you have it sandblasted prior to powder coating? How much did that set you back if don't mind me asking?
By infinit Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:11 pm
distortedtekno wrote:That's coming along nice. What kind of knobs are they?

Some aluminum knobs from eBay.

Dustyfinga1.0 wrote:Did you have it sandblasted prior to powder coating? How much did that set you back if don't mind me asking?

Yes, everything that gets powdercoated always gets sandblasted first. The powdercoat was only $40.
By infinit Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:37 am
Side panels & Screen painted, arm rest wrapped in vinyl... Dropping the top case off for screen print soon.

By Clint Tue Nov 11, 2014 1:25 pm
Do you have a 'before' photo of the old girl prior to this makeover?
By infinit Tue Nov 11, 2014 10:06 pm
A pair of Glasses wrote:Maybe a bit offtopic..
But is there somewhere on the internet where I can find the writings and numbers only? As stickers ore something.... I was looking for the mpc60

Unfortunately no, you just have to be creative. I used a photo from the manual as a template to make my own layout in Photoshop. Here is a shot of the film positive below, this is used to make the screen print.

By Dustyfinga1.0 Wed Nov 12, 2014 3:12 am
This is looking really professional. If you would have wrapped the armrest in black leather you would have a MPC fit for Tony Soprano. :popcorn:
By infinit Wed Nov 12, 2014 5:01 am
Lol, It would be nice to have real leather but I bet that's expensive. The leather replica vinyl will have to do, only ran me $20 at the upholstery shop.
By JAYCEE3K Sat Nov 15, 2014 6:53 am
Wow. Great job. Never thought to screen print text on the front panel. Is that how the original text is put on? Seems like a professional method. And must plastisol ink only be used?