Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By elmacaco Fri Nov 21, 2014 12:41 am
Hey all,

I'm selling my 60 in the sale forums, and I have the 3.15b OS from Mansell Labs. Anyone else rocking that?

Check the auction for descriptions of some features.
By delisious Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:01 pm
hello , do you know where I can find 3.15b OS ?
Where did you get yours ?
I saw your videos #amazing :worthy:
By elmacaco Sun Nov 23, 2014 11:36 pm
there might be a guy on ebay but I never seen it available. Just the testers got it I think.

Get the mpc and copy them and sell copies!
By SimonInAustralia Mon Nov 24, 2014 5:30 am
elmacaco wrote:Get the mpc and copy them and sell copies!

If you are going to do that, contact Roger Linn, see if you can work out a deal so that you are not infringing on his copyright, and so that you are giving him a percentage of the profits, much like Rohan would have been doing.
By delisious Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:09 pm
elmacaco wrote:there might be a guy on ebay but I never seen it available. Just the testers got it I think.

Get the mpc and copy them and sell copies!

I already have an mpc, I do not need another.
Maybe you could copy and sell me the OS.
what about that ?
By delisious Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:13 pm
SimonInAustralia wrote:
elmacaco wrote:Get the mpc and copy them and sell copies!

If you are going to do that, contact Roger Linn, see if you can work out a deal so that you are not infringing on his copyright, and so that you are giving him a percentage of the profits, much like Rohan would have been doing.

If Rohan payed Rojer I think Rojer should pay back Rohan for
this hot os , which Rojer should manifacture many many years ago.
By SimonInAustralia Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:25 pm
delisious wrote:If Rohan payed Rojer I think Rojer should pay back Rohan for
this hot os , which Rojer should manifacture many many years ago.

Rohan didn't pay Roger, Roger provided the source code to Rohan, before Rohan disappeared. I assume that Rohan would have provided Roger with a cut of the profits.
By elmacaco Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:43 am
My MPC is better than yours tho... Just kidding man. Honestly if I knew how I would but I don't have an eprom reader/burner or anyone who knows about that, I would fear something would go wrong and my chips would get erased and I wouldn't have an OS.

Hunt around you might find it but I'm sure Roger and Rohan had some sort of agreement or Roger didn't mind since he probably wouldn't notice much if he stopped selling 3.10e OSs. I think he let VST or Forat sell the OSs for him to, probably gives it to him on consignment or something.

Saying it probably isn't making much money at all and anyone going for this if they have 3.10e is pretty hardcore. The 3000 is still in use in many more professional circles where valixi has a larger richer market.

Interested in knowing more of the history about this OS.
By LoopTheCrook Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:24 pm
Isn't this actually Elixir or vise versa? :hmmm:
I thought i read that somewhere...
By viacom Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:59 am
LoopTheCrook wrote:Isn't this actually Elixir or vise versa? :hmmm:
I thought i read that somewhere...

My guess is Elixir came second, and is actually a straight copy of Vimona. Just my guess.
By viacom Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:00 am
marrelarre wrote:If it features the same features that vailixi does I would see quite a big market for this upgrade, Im loving my vailixi :nod:

it has most of the Vailixi features.