Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By DJQRS1 Thu Jan 15, 2015 6:30 pm
Hello folks. I just installed my eproms last night. All is well. Fired up the mpc as normal. The pads I had were pretty dirty and were triggering pretty weirdly, so I got the idea to clean the pads and clean off the pad sensors. After cleaning the sensors with a qtip and a little rubbing alcohol, the pads seem to not work. I know these machines are creeping up on 25 years old, would I just need new pad sensors as I think they were shot to begin with?
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:27 pm
Well the ribbon where they connect to the machine... check to make sue its connected well.. go over the sensor sheet to make sure there are no breaks.

Edit: posted at the same time
By DJQRS1 Thu Jan 15, 2015 7:52 pm
I fired it up last night and almost cried. Luckily I got it fixed quick.

Any suggestions on how to not clip a sample? Im taking drums from FL routing em out thru my interface into the input on my mpc and they are clipped and sound pretty bad.
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 15, 2015 9:29 pm
DJQRS1 wrote:I fired it up last night and almost cried. Luckily I got it fixed quick.

Any suggestions on how to not clip a sample? Im taking drums from FL routing em out thru my interface into the input on my mpc and they are clipped and sound pretty bad.

Yeah, in the record sound screen, you can turn the jog dial tot turn down the gain... but I suggest you adjust the switch on the back of the mpc.. you can turn it to low if needed.... then the fine tuning you do in the sample screen.

Also in fl studio you could turn that down a bit too.
By DJQRS1 Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:31 am

First beat with the mp. Ran the sounds from FL into the mp.