Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By stealthtank Wed Jan 28, 2015 8:50 am
A really handy trick to record loops (audio) from a sequence is to put the LOOP: OFF in the MPC and then go ahead and sample the audio from the loop. You get perfect lenght loops and you dont need to mess with the start and endpoints. I used to do this all the time with the MPC 4000.

Now i have got the MPC 3000 and i just realized that you can not play the sequencer while in Sample new sound mode. I have OS 3.50. Is this my MPC or is this really not possible? What should i do? :WTF:
By stealthtank Wed Jan 28, 2015 5:14 pm
shit. maybe i will have to get another sampler to use for this purpose. i have a S959 hanging in the rack above, but it has very limited memory.
i love the mpc 3000 sequencer more then any other so getting a new one is not the answe. The ASQ10 might even be enough?
cheers for the info
By mr_debauch Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:49 am
well maybe you should throw all of that away in the bin... a friend of mine told me about music programs on the computer that maybe can do that... have you heard of fruity loop 3? or one of those? also cue tools...
By Robbinson Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:18 am
No ... there is an OS for the 3000 that allows you to play the sequence while sampling. Let me look it up and I'll have the answer for you very soon. I think it's 3.2 but, not sure ... let me confirm that. Also works on the mpc 60.
By Robbinson Tue Jul 14, 2015 2:28 am
Mansell Labs ...

"Operating system screen shots and information shown at www.mansell-labs.com.

1: The current internal state of operating system development is final BETA and has been public announced for information purposes only. 

2: If all goes well; the actual release version is scheduled for early December 2006.

3: For many reasons there will be no floppy bootable distribution of this operating system update/upgrade.

4: Information concerning availablity and pricing for this update/upgrade will be announced when this version is finalised. ( see point 2 above )

5: The www.mansell-labs.com website will evolve with more content soon.

Users of my 3.16 ROM version have already been contacted with the preliminary information concerning any latest developments.

Please contact me via email, [email protected] ... if you wish to be notified of any futureMPC3000 operating system update/upgrade developments.

Thanks,

Rohan
www.mansell-labs.com
By Shostakovich Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:40 pm
@Robbinson, that's the OS he has and it is no longer being made or sold.
@Stealthtank. No not possible with 3000. No workaround.