Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By ssyniu Sun Feb 01, 2015 8:57 am
Hi
I have my sequence recorded kick snare hi hat but i see in my step edit that mi first kick is late 3 ticks how to move only this note without quantising/time correcting everything.?

Thank you
By ssyniu Sun Feb 01, 2015 9:48 am
Actually I found it but still don't know how to move cursor to tick amount amount.Cursor sitting on 001.(bar one )when pressing right cursor jumps to the 003.(bar tree)(I have two bar loop)how to move cursor to tick section in bar one beat 2 for example i don't see shift button like in npc 5000, shift pressed with cursor allowed me to move between bar/beat/tick?

Thank You
By JBM Mon Feb 02, 2015 4:52 am
ssyniu wrote:Actually I found it but still don't know how to move cursor to tick amount amount.Cursor sitting on 001.(bar one )when pressing right cursor jumps to the 003.(bar tree)(I have two bar loop)how to move cursor to tick section in bar one beat 2 for example i don't see shift button like in npc 5000, shift pressed with cursor allowed me to move between bar/beat/tick?

Thank You

The Reason MPC3000 shifts to 003 is because the time correction was set to a Time Correct Value.
Shifting timing set to: Later
Shift amount was set to: 3
This will is placing the kick at 003. instead of on the 001.

Check the Comment notes below.

As for your cursor tick moving question:
Now in step edit mode when you use you < and > it shifts to either Next Step or Next Event the difference between the two options are listed in the below:

In the Step Edit Options Window:

Step Edit Button->Soft Key 4 <Options>

=========== Step Edit Options ==========
Event to insert:NOTES
Auto step increment on key release:NO
Duration of recorded notes:AS PLAYED
Function of soft key 1&2:PASTE/CUT
Function of '<' and '>' keys:NEXT EVENT or NEXT STEP <----- Your Two Options
======= Step Edit Display Filter =======
View:ALL EVENTS

The Function of '<' And '>' keys field:
This choice field is used to determine the function of the REWIND [<] and FAST FORWARD [>] keys. It has two options:

1. NEXT STEP:
This is the default setting. Pressing the REWIND [<] key moves to the previous step within the sequence. Pressing the FAST FORWARD [>] key moves to the next step within the sequence. (The timing value of a step is set in the Timing Correct screen’s Note Value field.)

COMMENT: If the current setting of the Swing% field is set to a value other than 50%, pressing the REWIND [<] and FAST FORARD [>] keys will move forward or backward to locations that fall on swing timing intervals. If you are editing a sequence that contains 1/16-notes recorded at a swing setting of 50%, the even-numbered 1/ 16-notes will NOT be heard as you step through the sequence, because only notes existing in swung 1/16-note locations will be viewed.

This same rule applies to the Shift Timing function: if the Shift Amount field is set to 0 and you are editing a sequence that was recorded while it was set to any amount other than 0, none of the notes will be seen as you step through the sequence, because these notes fall on shifted locations, and you are currently viewing only those notes that fall on non- shifted locations.

2. NEXT EVENT:
Pressing the REWIND [<] key searches to the previous event within the track. Pressing the FAST FORWARD [>] key searches to the next event within the track. To search for specific event types, set the Step Edit Display Filter to the desired event type; pressing these keys will then cause the MPC3000 to locate to the next or previous event of the specified type, ignoring event types not included in the display filter settings.
By ssyniu Mon Feb 02, 2015 9:02 am
No i was playing with quantize off.
All I need to know is how to take this 2 ticks late kick and move it back to 001.
Thanks for your anwser.
By smellypants Mon Feb 02, 2015 1:11 pm
Dude... You just got the most in depth answer anyone could have possibly given spoon fed to you. Use your common sense mate!

Just move to the place you wanna be in the sequence and put the kick there!

Unless i'm missing something here
By JBM Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:45 pm
1.Okay so you currently have Time correct off
2.Select "Next Step" in the step edit options window: this will allow you to scroll through every step in the sequence since time correction is set to off.
3.Locate the kick that's at 003. Now select soft key 2. This will Cut or Delete the selected sound.
Depending on what you have your MPC3000 set to in the Step Edit Options window for Your soft key 1 and soft key 2 will reflect.
Function of soft key 1&2:PASTE/CUT or INSERT/DELETE

4. Scroll back to 001 using your rewind '<' then select soft key1 to place the sound on 001.

The Function of soft key 1&2 field:
This choice field is used to determine the functions of soft keys 1 and 2. It has two options:
1. INSERT/DELETE:
The functions of soft keys 1 and 2 are <Insert> and <Delete>. <Insert> causes an event to be inserted onto the screen. The type of event is determined by the setting of the Event to insert field above. <De- lete> removes the active event from the screen.
2. PASTE/CUT.
The functions of soft keys 1 and 2 are <Paste> and <Cut>. <Cut> deletes the active event from the screen and saves a copy of it internally. <Paste> inserts onto the screen a copy of the event most recently cut.