Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By soundtech Sun May 10, 2015 8:05 pm
hi guys been looking into this and couldn't find the answer yet.

how many samples can the 3000 hold in memory? and how about the s1000?

want to make a program which will load up automatically on boot up with all the samples and have all the drums accessible immediately and easily changeable. that would take a bit more work with setting up root notes on the s1000 where as it would be a lot more simple on the 3000 if it could load up like 200 plus samples. something tells me it 200 something on the s1000 and maybe the same on the mpc 3000?

kinda miss my 2500 for that, you'd be able to set those samples immediately but like the mpc 3000 for everything else much better.

so anyone?

edit: hold on, i think the 3000 will only load samples which are already assigned to pads together with the program, right? the rest of them will be on whatever storage you have like, floppy, sd card, etc. is that the same on the s1000? how does the s1000 format an sd card? i know on the mpc 3000 it is in partitions of 32 megs or something. how large a program can i store on a sd card formatted in an s1000?

anybody knows? cheers
By JBM Mon May 11, 2015 3:45 am
MPC 3000 Some Technical Specifications of the Sound Generator:
• Maximum sounds in memory: 128
• Number of sound programs: 24
• Sound assignments per program: 64
• Simultaneous voices: 32

Program System:
The MPC3000 uses a new system of sound assignments called programs. A program is a set of 64 sound assignments and sound modifying parameters. There are 24 different programs, each with a unique set of sound assignments to a common bank of up to 128 sounds in memory. Only one program may
be active at a time.
By soundtech Mon May 11, 2015 1:49 pm
Yeah the s1000 is still king for that matter, i mean setting up samples and the like.

Multiple active programs at a time is no problem and i always liked the keygroup concept.

So whats the largest partition you can have on an sd card formatted in an s1000?

I am gonna get on to this and buy an sd reader for my s1000. So far working with floppies has been fine on my 3000 and my 60 but looking to take advantage of the s1000 sonic mangling capabilities so gettig my drums in there :)