Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By 3K. Thu Jul 23, 2015 9:26 pm
Folks, I got two issues to talk about.
First, when doing SEQ EDIT>Copy Events>copy events from one track of a sequence to an unused track of another sequence, applied Timing Correct settings are not transferred to the designated location. The manual tells: only events are being copied—without measure and tempo settings. Is this 'expected behaviour'?

Second, I get random crashes every now and then. Sometimes it takes hours of work to happen at all, sometimes much less time. I can't replicate nor force it to happen consistently but when it happens, the 3K literally freezes. I've reseated those ICs that are accessible without loosening any PCBs and it didn't freeze for a longer time. But I really can not determine if reseating (mainly the OS chips, Vailixi in my case, and a smaller IC close to the RAM, and the 32MB RAM itself, the side RAM being already removed) had any effect at all or if I just had a good run today. This issue is fairly new, I had been working with my 3K for over a year and never had this unless I created some sort of nasty MIDI feedback loop. By the way, MIDI Soft Thru is off.

Any thoughts?
By 3K. Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:45 pm
Speaking of #2, it seems to crash more often in Song Mode, and I can't remember if it ever happened during playback when only listening, and it definitely never happens while saving (onto my RaizinMonster CF). It takes any kind of editing action before a crash happens. No garbage on the screen, the cursor would still blink while the machine just freezes.
By Dustyfinga1.0 Fri Jul 24, 2015 4:32 pm
Vailixi OG, or bootlegs? I only ask, because I have a set of Vailixi bogies that have caused me issues with step editing functions.