Share your knowledge on these two classic MPCs
By ssyniu Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 pm
Hi
I was already writing about this problem and I had some replies but none of them were helpful.
I've tried to use one cf card to load the samples and next one just to save like I was advised and I try not to convert files in software program from wav to SND but just to sample sounds and then save the program still didn't work how i can fix this problem does anybody experienced the same problem I can't do anything on my mpc until I will be able to save my work.

Here is the problem when I am trying to save "A sound,A program or All programs"

"Attention!
Sorry,this file(or possibly the entire disk)contains damaged data.
For safety,transfer any other good files on this disk to another disk and stop using this disk."

No problem when saving "A sequence , All sequences"

I am using the Tecmar CF card reader which is connected to the MPC via SCSI port.
The MPC can play the samples when loaded in to the program but can't save them.
Is it possible that the cable which is connected between CF reader and mpc is broken or CF reader?
Just to let you know that the reader is ok to read files from CF and transfer them to the MPC
God help me :worthy:
By dshook Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:27 pm
Try a lot of different CF cards - a sequence file is much smaller than a sound or program file, which is probably why it's able to pull it off. Looking for CF cards, generally the older the better, and you can a lot of stuff on even a small capacity one - virtually nothing you can buy new in a store these days is going to work, you gotta get on ebay or your local tech recycler or thrift store.